A common complaint among younger riders is their inability to hold on to the handlebars for the length of a Moto. This occurs because their small hands have a hard time gripping a diameter meant for adult hands. Often, pain and fatigue sets in contributing to overall dissatisfaction for the bike and riding.
The Pro Taper Micro Handlebar solves this problem by reducing the size of the grip portion of the handlebars while maintaining the 7/8-inch clamping. The Micro Handlebar is manufactured with the same quality and engineering you've come to expect from Pro Taper and includes the following specifications:
- Made from proprietary, 2000 series T6 aluminum alloy.
- Cold forged aluminum cross bar.
- Cross bar clamps machined from 6061 aluminum and adhered with aerospace-quality polymer.
- High tech, stress relieved, shot peen and anodized finish for strength and durability.
- Left side knurling provides maximum grip traction.
- Weighs just 1.55 pounds (700 grams) with bar pad.
The Pro Taper Micro Handlebar is available as a kit which includes the necessary parts (including 1/3 pattern waffle grips) for easy conversion on any make or model 2-stroke mini cycle with an 85cc engine or smaller. You can also purchase the Micro Handlebar by itself as a replacement, if necessary.