Klim may not have the brand recognition of Alpinestars, Fox and Fly when it comes to dirt bike riding gear, but in recent years the company (pronounced "climb") has brought their expertise in ADV/Dual Sport and snow gear to the track and trails.
As it turns out, Klim offers multiple models of riding gear with general and specific features geared towards trail or track riding and individual preference. The Klim Dakar label is, perhaps, the company's most recognizable name for dirt bike pants, jersey and gloves most suitable to wear on the track or trails.
Though Klim, arguably, still has a way to go before their slogan blazons across the chest of a rider waiting for the gate to drop, many riders have caught on to their riding gear for off-road and trail use. Earlier this month, several MotoSport employees participated in the 50th anniversary of the Desert 100, a 100-mile race through the Eastern Washington desert. The Desert 100 also includes smaller poker run style rides for all skill levels the day before the big race.
MotoSport employee Ryan Forbes rode the 34 mile Ironman poker run on his 2016 Kawasaki KX250F while wearing the Klim 2021 Dakar jersey and the Klim 2021 Dakar ITB (in the boot) pants. Both come in several color shades and sizing and Klim redesigned both for the 2021 line. The Dakar jersey features heavy-duty stretch mesh sleeves with an additional full-length stretch panel for mobility and the Dakar ITB pants offer improved cargo capacity, intuitive features, better comfort and stronger fabrics.
But enough of the advertisement spiel. How do they fit and feel? Forbes offered his gear-on throttle-rolled experience of the Klim Dakar pants and jersey.
Pros of the Klim Dakar Pants and Jersey:
- A well-vented jersey with minimal padding in the elbow area prevents a bulky annoying nuisance.
- The jersey has a comfortable roomy neckline.
- The venting on the pants really works! It's not like someone turned a fan on but you notice the breathability.
- Pockets are an awesome feature on the pants.
Cons of the Klim Dakar Pants and Jersey:
- Not sure what you would put in the tiny pocket on the arm of the jersey. Let's not get carried away with pockets.
- Pants leave a little to be desired in the hip and thigh room. Waist size was spot on but felt like I could use a little more room in the thigh area.
- A little more pocket material on the pants would be nice. You place anything over the thickness of your standard phone, and it digs into your leg, bulging the fabric. However, it does keep things from shifting around in the pocket.
We sell Klim Dakar pants and jersey separately though we hope to offer the always popular riding gear combo in the future to include the Dakar gloves. Check out the entire line of Klim pants, jerseys and gloves for riding dirt bikes, ATVs and motorcycles.