motosport shipped this super fast and it was worth the purchase. Easy to install and looks awesome. No more worrying about the auto tensioner failing!
Write your review and you'll automatically be entered in our monthly drawing. Include an image or video to DOUBLE your chances to win!Write Your Review
Well worth the price. Compare to the other cheaper ones found online. Excellent component, noticed the difference directly after installment.
After doing some serious home work on the pros and cons of MCCT Vs. CCT's. I decided that MCCT is the way to go because it will never fail. If you follow the instructions, which are easy. Then this is a must have when it comes time to do a top end rebuild. Only reason I gave it 4 stars is that it's kinda pricey.
This product is an easy bolt on accessory. My bike was making noise from the loose chain. Instead of having to fight with resetting the factory one, I purchased this one and in about 20 minutes I was riding again. I installed it between motos at a MX race. I'll make sure all my bikes have this item from now on.
Direct replacement fit and easily adjustable. Would definately buy one again.
easy to install and so far seems like it works well
Works good. Easy to install but I question that it give the bike more power.
1) Please read all instructions before starting the installation process.
If the installation process is more than your current mechanical ability, please have a qualified
technician install it for you.
2) Rotate the engine to TDC (Top Dead Center) Make sure the engine is not on the overlap stroke,
See your shop manual on how to find TDC for your model. It is best to remove the valve cover to
be absolutely sure the engine is at TDC, compression stroke (Cam Lobes Facing up) and not on the
overlap stroke (Cam lobes pushing on valves).
3) Remove the stock cam chain tensioner.
4) Install the Tokyomods tensioner and just start the two 6mm bolts so they go about halfway into
the cylinder Do not tighten them at this point!!
5) Adjust the center screw until it touches the cam chain slider in side the engine at that point
continue screwing the center bolt in until the tensioner body is 2mm away from the cylinder. This will give you 2mm of preload on the chain when the 6mm bolts are tightened
6) Tighten the two 6mm bolts and torque to spec (7 lbf-ft)
7) Tighten the lock nut while holding the center adjusting bolt, Being careful not to change the
preload adjustment. The installation is now complete.
Remember this is a mechanical tensioner, it will need adjusting from time to time.
The adjustment should be checked after every 5 hours of riding. This is only a guideline, depending
on the condition of the engine and type of riding, it may need to be checked more frequently.