Graves Motorsports Works Captive Front Wheel Spacer Kit. Built using R&D from the WORKS Graves Yamaha factory bikes, this spacer kit replaces your front or rear wheel's O.E.M. spacers with push-in interlocking wheel spacers that stay in place.
- Great for quick change wheels, endurance racing and smooth wheel changing in general.
- Precision CNC-machined from 7075-T6 billet aluminum and black anodized.
- Don't be fooled by cheap versions that crush onto your wheels.
- Sold as a kit.
Things to consider when buying captive wheel spacers:
- Graves uses 7075 T6 billet aluminum and then finishes in black anodize. This, compared to 6061, costs 3x more if you use a Chinese-grade 7075 and 4x more if you use a USA-made 7075 (which is way better and we do use). General reading will get you at an average of 7075 being about 80% stronger then most 6061 choices.
- What happens when you use a softer metal is the spacer will crush on to the bearing. Over time, the wheels lock up. Graves has seen common fixes to this by continuing to use softer metals and making the holes bigger which leads to failure in other places. Your wheels axles do not align correctly becoming a side loading time bomb and a setup nightmare.
- Occasionally you will find spacers that didn't take the extra time to machine paths rounded edges into the spacers which is a recipe for smash and bang wheel changes.
- These products in 7075 have been a staple in their race programs for years. Graves has won Daytona 200 races using them before they were commercially available. They are tested on their race bikes, moved into consumer production and also sold through Graves Racing Services on turn-key customer race bikes.