Graves Motorsports is a motorcycle racing and parts manufacturer providing racers and customers with exceptional products developed from the many Graves Motorsports championship winning race teams.
- Graves Motorsports High Precision Cam Chain Tensioner.
- Professionally developed under strict guidelines for use in the Graves Yamaha factory race bikes.
- Note: You will need a replacement timing cover gasket and cam chain tensioner gasket from your local dealer (both sold separately).
Cost vs Quality:
- Compare this product to the competition's product and the cost.
- Adjustment shaft is made of aerospace-quality steel machined to a 1.0 threads per millimeter allowing the tuner to adjust the tension on the chain to an exact specification = less friction and consistent cam timing = more power.
- The competitor's shaft is made of mild steel all thread material with SAE course thread.
Graves Cam Chain Body:
- Designed to support the shaft as close to the cam chain running block as possible for maximum shaft support and minimum shaft flex. The body is machined to allow the exact amount of oil exiting the body to minimize over oiling of the valve train area at high RPM. All of this = more power, accurate cam timing and less friction.
- The competitor's body designed to hold the shaft and plugs the oil relief hole.
Graves's Lock Nut:
- Made of 7075 T651 and hard anodized for a reliable fit, strong threads, light weight and great looks.
- The competitor's nut course thread steel nut.
You can compare the price but you cannot compare the quality. Take both of these to your engine builder and ask them which one they would install in your motor when their reputation is on the line!