Please note: Tire sizes vary by ride, please check your current tire and wheel sizes before placing the order. If you have any questions, please call Customer Service at 1-888-676-8853.
The MotoSport.com Dunlop Roadsmart 4 Tire Combo includes ONE Front and ONE Rear Dunlop Roadsmart 4 Tire with the following features:
The New Standard of Sport-Touring Tires.
Sport-touring riders have unique demands. They want sport-bike level grip and handling, a compliant ride everywhere they go, and most of all high mileage for maximum tire life.
Dunlop exceeded customer expectations with the Roadsmart III (RSIII), a high-performance tire with class-leading mileage. Independent testing on a 2016 BMW R1200RT yielded more than 12,000 miles on the Dunlop RSIII, 3,000 miles more than the Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT*. Just as importantly, the RSIII met the demands of riders who wanted high performance that lasts the life of the tire.
Now the benefits of the RSIII have been elevated and refined in the all-new Roadsmart IV (RSIV), which joins the RSIII in Dunlop's sport-touring product line. Dunlop's two-tiered market strategy gives riders the option to choose between the high-performing and now lower-priced RSIII, or opt for the class-leading performance of the new RSIV.
Like the RSIII, the RSIV delivers best-in-class mileage - up 26-percent compared to the RSIII - and stays close to its peak performance throughout its lifespan**. Additionally, the RSIV offers performance upgrades in both wet and dry conditions. Compared to the RSIII, the RSIV has quicker steering response for more nimble handling, and greater wet-weather performance - grip, stability and overall response***.
How Dunlop Did It:
The RSIV is a completely new tire - new tread patterns, construction, compounds, profiles and new technology.
- Profiles - Both front and rear tire profiles are changed significantly, resulting in 15% lighter steering on turn-in with more linear response. On backroads especially, the RSIV makes it easier to set up a turn, and the steering is more consistent from upright to full lean for more precise rider feedback. Another benefit: lighter steering decreases rider fatigue so you can stay sharper longer.
- Tread Pattern - New tread patterns work in harmony with the new profiles, improving tread wear, grip, and handling (especially in wet conditions). The RSIV's optimized groove angles and strengthening of its tread rigidity through strategically placed thinner tread grooves contribute to more even wear across the life of the tire, while maintaining superior wet-weather performance.
- Compound - To increase mileage and performance, the RSIV compounds feature several new technologies.
- Hi Silica X - Hi Silica X is a new technology that increases the silica content in the tread. This new compounding technique improves silica dispersion to improve the overall flexibility and resilience of the compound, enhancing road adhesion for even better wet grip performance. This new technology helps give the RSIV a *minimum of 5% wet handling performance advantage over competitor products (testing performed at the Dunlop proving grounds in Huntsville, AL in sizes 120/70ZR17 front, and 190/55ZR17 rear on a 2018 BMW K1600 GTL, individual results may vary), and 10% improvement in wet braking stopping distance over the Roadsmart III (testing performed at the Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd. proving grounds in Japan on a 2016 Suzuki GSF1250 with tire sizes 120/70ZR17 front and 180/55ZR17 rear, individual results may vary).
- Performance Compound Layers Progressive - In the RSIV's tread structure, three compounds with different properties are layered vertically. The top layer features Dunlops MT Multi-Tread technology that's made up of two compounds split into three sections (the center compound is designed for high mileage while the side compounds are designed for lateral grip), plus a third base layer compound that efficiently converts energy into heat below the surface. This advanced three-component technology ensures quicker warm-up times, long-lasting, high-performance in wet and dry conditions, and helps the tire maintain its performance throughout its lifespan.
- MT Multi-Tread - Now updated with PCL, Dunlop's patented MT Multi-Tread technology in the rear-tire uses a high-mileage compound in the center of the tread for maximum mileage, and high-grip lateral compounds on the shoulders for maximum grip and performance. With PCL, Multi-Tread helps deliver the best of both worlds: class-leading mileage, and cornering grip that rivals purpose-built sport tires.
- Fine Carbon - Fine carbon is utilized in the RSIV due to its smaller particle size. It increases the bonding points with polymers at the molecular level to aid in improved grip, and help the tire heat up more effectively. Additionally, Fine Carbon helps reinforce the compound, so tire mileage has been enhanced by over 20%.
- New Front and Rear Construction Enhance Handling and Comfort - New front tire constructions are utilized by size to meet specific motorcycle requirements. The 120/70ZR18 utilizes aramid Jointless Band (JLB) construction and the 120/70ZR17 utilizes aramid 2 Cut-Breaker construction for greater compliance, ride quality, comfort and rider feel. In back, Dunlop's JLB construction also contributes to a very linear feel by reducing tire growth for cooler running, enhanced grip and handling.
- Slim High Bead Apex - Dunlop Slim High Bead Apex technology utilizes a longer and thinner bead apex, which enhances tire performance by reducing the rigidity and improving shock absorption of the sidewall.
- Bead Profile - With the tire sidewall stiffness being reduced to enhance absorption, a new bead profile was developed to inhibit float from the bead area on the rim. Additionally, the new bead profile improves traction and slide control by minimizing buckling at full lean angle.
- Combined, these two new technologies create more even pressure distribution and improve sidewall stiffness, providing more linear feel at different loads and lean angles, while also improving wet and dry handling.
- Camber Thrust Tuning - Camber thrust is the turning force generated when a bike is leaned. Dunlop's exclusive Camber Thrust Tuning technology allows the RSIV to better balance front and rear tire patterns, construction and profile for nimble and neutral handling.
- The RSIV's new technology increases grip and mileage, and elevates performance over the life of the tire.
Widest Range Available:
- The Roadsmart IV is another big step in the evolution of Dunlop's sport-touring line, which includes the now value-priced Roadsmart III. With the addition of the Roadsmart IV, Dunlop has created the most market-driven sport-touring tire range available in sizes to fit a broad variety of motorcycles.
- Additionally, Dunlop continues to be the only brand offering sport-touring tires that perform on both "Standard" and "GT" bikes, eliminating the need for two separate versions of its sport-touring tires.
The Dunlop Advantage:
- The Roadsmart IV joins Dunlop's premium performance products by offering what other tires cannot: class-leading mileage, the handling of a full-on sport tire, and tremendous wet-weather grip - all while letting riders enjoy these advantages throughout its lifespan.
*As compared to the Michelin Pilot Road 4 GT tire in sizes 120/70ZR17 front and 180/55ZR17 rear on a 2016 BMW R1200RT in independent test performed by Texas Test Fleet, Inc. Individual results may vary.
**Testing performed by Dunlop in Japan on a 2018 Honda CB1300 SB with tire sizes 120/70ZR17 front and 180/55ZR17 rear on 40% public roads and 60% highways. Individual results may vary.
***Testing performed at the Sumitomo Rubber Industries, Ltd. proving grounds in Japan on a 2016 Suzuki GSF1250 with tire sizes 120/70ZR17 front and 180/55ZR17 rear. Individual results may vary.