Game changed. Again.
Since its introduction back in 1967, the Bell Star has long represented the standard in head protection. Revered as the first full-face helmet on the market, the Bell Star inspired an industry to pursue the science of head protection. That obsession with helmet innovation continues today. The new Bell Star is more than an evolution of its predecessor. It's a complete rethinking of what a race helmet should be, driven by the essential needs of the modern racer.
Built from the Pro Star pedigree, the Star delivers performance at a price point the everyday rider can appreciate.
- Tri-Matrix Composite Shell:
- A proprietary mix of Aramid, carbon fiber, and fiberglass delivers all the strength of carbon fiber in a more budget-protecting package.
- The latest carbon fiber technology allows Bell to provide the lightest and strongest shells they've ever produced.
- A Closer Look At The Tri-Matrix Composite Shell:
- Woven synthetic fibers have long been proven to be some of the most practical solutions where lightweight strength is required. Bell's Tri-Matrix shell utilizes the combined power and superior characteristics of these race-proven synthetics, offering unmatched strength and durability.
- X-Static XT2 Silver Liner:
- A leader in antimicrobial fabric technology, X-Static material is clinically-proven to provide bacteria and odor protection throughout the life of the liner.
- The Power of Silver - X-Static Delivers Performance Without Funk:
- X-Static fibers are permanently bonded with a layer of 99.9% pure metallic silver. This silver layer is the key to X-Static's powerful antimicrobial properties, as it creates an ionic shield that permanently inhibits the growth of bacteria and fungi.
- Fabrics made with X-Static fibers are flexible, with the natural look and feel of traditional textiles, while offering all the benefits of pure silver.
- Protection From Impact:
- Bell's patented Flex impact liner offers best-in-class energy management.
- Reinvented Field of View:
- The Star offers an entirely new viewport creating better vertical and lateral field of view and even greater head-check visibility.
- Broaden Your Horizon - Panovision Viewport Increases Field of View:
- No matter what or how you ride, one factor remains constant: the need for maximum visibility. Whether racing or going on a simple ride in the mountains, the ability to make safe head-checks and see obstacles clearly is critical.
- The Panovision viewport in the 2016 Star offers riders additional vertical and lateral visibility over the previous Star and more traditional viewports. This allows the rider to see better in a tight or tucked position and make safer lane changes and head-checks.
- The Panovision viewport's dropped corner offers outstanding visibility to lateral field of view.
- Field Tested and Developed:
- Working with professional riders on the track is the best way to understand the challenge and generate solutions quickly.
- Optimized Aerodynamics:
- Using Bell's state-of-the-art wind tunnel, they fine-tuned the Star's aerodynamics with advanced riding simulations.
- More Sizes. More Performance:
- Offering six EPS and five shell sizes allows a more proportional fit and improved performance, especially at high speeds.
- Eyewear Compatible:
- Using prescription glasses or a preferred pair of shades is now possible with eyewear arm pockets woven right into the interior liner.
- Purpose Built: Raceview vs. Streetview:
- The Star features two unique profile shapes for two distinctly different types of riding.
- The Raceview profile used on the Pro Star and Race Star (both sold separately) uses an orientation specifically optimized for a tucked, more compact position. The Raceview profile is for a rider that enjoys a tight position and pushing their skills.
- Conversely, the Streetview profile used for the Star (this model) is designed for a more upright, sport or touring position. The Streetview profile is designed for a less aggressive rider.
- Weight: 1500 grams.
- Certification: DOT, ECE 22.05, SNELL.
- Note: Helmet ships with Clear shield, other hues sold separately.