A premium performance riding leather jacket that is compatible with Alpinestars class-leading airbag technology, Tech-Air (sold separately), the GP TECH incorporates a range of new track developed and tested protection innovations. The GP Tech V2 is Alpinestars' top racing-inspired leather jacket, with plenty of ventilation and highly developed fit and features you can feel comfortable and secure on the street.
- Highly durable, premium bovine leather multi-panel construction for superb abrasion resistance, with reinforced stitching for optimum tear resistance in the event of an impact.
- LED display on sleeve indicating airbag's operational status, plus internal conduit for system vest's ECU.
- Internal Velcro brand hook-and-loop fixings plus zipper in order to house airbag system vest.
- Accordion stretch inserts on shoulder and underarm designed to accommodate inflated airbag but which also offers anatomical performance when riding without system.
- The GP Tech jacket has class-leading protective capabilities - internally and externally - with:
- Alpinestars race-derived, CE approved shoulder and elbow protectors.
- Alpinestars' new, exclusively developed shoulder protection is anatomically contoured and incorporates a triple-density polymer compound for improved performance in crash slides. The protection is ergonomically designed for improved upper body flexibility and features over-injected mesh air inlets for excellent airflow.
- Elbow protectors feature injection-molded protection and dual-density foam padding.
- Chest and back pad compartments with (Alpinestars CE Certified Nucleon chest and back protector inserts sold separately).
- Snap connection system allows integration of CE Level 2-certified Nucleon Race Back Protector (sold separately) for the ultimate in protection (for use without Tech-Air system).
- Soft 3D mesh collar and cuff construction for improved level of comfort and breathability.
- Newly evolved aerodynamic ventilated back hump is designed to incorporate hydration pack (sold separately) and features a conduit opening for water hydration hose.
- Fixed inner liner with multi-panel construction and 3D mesh inserts to improve comfort and ventilation.
- Extensive aramidic fiber stretch panels strategically positioned on the underarms and side waist for excellent fit and feel.
- Ergonomically engineered ARSHIELD reinforcements, consisting of aramidic fiber and polyamide, strategically positioned on sleeve.
- Pre-curved sleeve construction helps reduce riding fatigue.
- Velcro brand hook-and-loop and D-ring waist adjustments for a highly customized fit is positioned inside the jacket to improve anatomical profile.
- External hand pockets are zippered for peace-of-mind closure.
- Interior waterproof wallet pocket and interior pockets with Velcro brand hook-and-loop for peace-of-mind closure.
- Internal waist connection zipper allows attachment to Alpinestars riding pants.
- Reflective detailing for improved rider visibility.
- Printed detailing and logos for a unique aggressive performance riding look.
Tech-Air airbag system compatible:
- Developed following more than 15 years of extensive R&D in class-leading airbag technology, starting in MotoGP and taking in over half a million miles of road testing, Tech-Air is the world's first and only independent full body, dedicated airbag system specifically designed to offer a rider protection from the first impact in an accident.
- Tech-Air uses a sophisticated algorithm to provide critical airbag protection for the first impact, meaning the primary contact between the rider and obstacles or vehicle. The system offers unparalleled freedom and versatility. With no connections between bike and rider both systems are completely independent, meaning a rider can have full upper body airbag protection on any motorbike, regardless of make or model.
- The Tech-Air Street system can be used for road and off-road adventure touring while Tech-Air Race can be used for performance track riding but also, via a system firmware swap, can be configured to run the Street settings for the ultimate in versatility.
- Protection and protectors that are CE-certified have met the strict performance standards and requirements of the European Union.