I did not realize how bad the chain had become on my FZ1 until I put this new one on. I increased my fuel mileage by 4 mpg. I was apprehensive about replacing my own chain however it was very easy with the proper tools. Quiet, great value so far!
Sunstar 530 RDG Dualguard Sealed Chain
- 3 Reviews
- Ask a Question
Sunstar's heavy duty, street motorcycle chain model is the RDG series (RDG = Road Dual Guard) for 520, 525 and 530 applications. It uses Sunstar's DualGuard sealed ring street bike chain technology where the sealing ring has an 'X' shape - meaning there are two sealing points and two lubrication pools versus the one-sided, single-lip design of a standard O-ring. This sealed ring design type dramatically improves lubricity in high heat conditions while providing lower friction and longer chain life - and it is available for just about every street motorcycle on today's market. It comes in the natural color option and uses a strong rivet-type connecting link. For a higher performance road chain at a non-premium price, the Sunstar RDG answers the bell and is great for everything from everyday commuting to closed course riding.
- Features Sunstar's DG-ring (DualGuard) design for better performance and durability.
- Great choice for any type of street use; perfect choice for high-performance riding but at a non-premium price.
- Only available in a Natural finish.
- Average tensile strength of 9,500 pounds.
- Maximum rated displacement (street / off-road): 1000cc / 750cc.
- Weight (per 100 links): 4.48 pounds.
- Includes rivet-style master link.
- Note: NOT suggested for competition.
Purchased this for a budget consciuos project bike. This is a strong, well made chain, certainly a value at it's purchase price.
I bought this chain in a pinch. Installed it, along with new sprockets. It is a nice chain. Sure beats having a whooped chain on the bike.
There have been no questions asked about the Sunstar 530 RDG Dualguard Sealed Chain.