The chain looks good, but like all gold chains look better than stock. When I first rode with this chain I thought I put the front sprocket on wrong because it was making a terrible "wrrrrr" noise. Not the usual chain slap if the chain is too loose, but a loud chainsaw noise. I double checked everything, everything was on right and tight. This chain is way louder than a D.I.D. chain.
- 3 Reviews
- Ask a Question
Sunstar's MXR1 Works MX / SX / Off-Road race chain (MXR = Motocross Xtreme Racing) is a premium quality, highly durable non-sealed chain specifically designed for Motocross, Supercross and/or off-road racing. Featuring Sunstar's oversized TripleStar treated ultra hard pins and 100% heat treated components, the MXR1 chain is constructed to handle the demands of the highest levels of racing. This is also one of the lightest MX chains on the market thanks to its superlight design - the 520MXR1 120 link version weighs less than 3.6 pounds, yet is super strong with an 8,970-pound tensile strength rating. Its combination of strength, durability and light weight make it the top choice for serious racers.
- Deep gold side plates and gold inner plates.
- Super strong and lightweight design for high performance / racing mini off-road and motocross machines.
- Utilizes TST (TripleStar Treated) ultra-hard pins and 100% heat treated components for high strength and durability.
- Seamless rollers and bushings help provide the added life and durability.
- Average tensile strength of 9,000 pounds.
- Maximum rated displacement (street / off-road): N/A / 500cc.
- Weight (per 100 links): 2.99 pounds.
- Includes clip-style master link.
- Note: Non-sealed chains require more regular maintenance than sealed (O-ring, X-ring) versions and are mainly recommended for off-road use.
Definitely one of the better looking chains on the market as both the inner and outer links are a unique gold. So far it is holding up okay but with 4 hours on the chain i've had to adjust it 3 times already.
Sunstar did good on this chain. Very light and durable. Also Love the gold color
There have been no questions asked about the Sunstar 520 MXR1 Works MX Racing Chain.