My Honda CBR250RA had this tire and I replaced with the same one. Good tire with the reasonable price. My service guy who installed the tire agrees, too.
Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2 Rear Tire
- 6 Reviews
- 1 Question
The ultimate sport tire for absolute road use.
Experience Pirelli technology from Word Superbike (WSBK). The Diablo Rosso II is the sportiest and most versatile road-oriented tire of the Rosso Generation. The Diablo Rosso II is Pirelli's newest supersport radial for all riding conditions, including the wet.
The DIABLO line represents the excellence of the Pirelli Brand in the motorcycle tire industry. The Diablo family has rapidly evolved from its 2002 introduction in the supersport segment to cover many other market segments from Racing to Hypersport. The current Diablo line consolidates 8 years of experience, technology and victories in prestigious tests and competitions. A consistent choice as original equipment by top bike manufacturers, all Diablo marked products are also considered a reference by the most acclaimed international magazines. From this history and rich background is born the new DIABLO ROSSO II.
- Bi-compound rear tire combining long lasting mileage with excellent grip.
- The slick shoulder area helps to provide maximum grip at full lean so the rider has more confidence and top performance whilst cornering.
- Pirelli Enhanced Patch Technology (EPT), developed in WSBK, optimizes the contact patch for improved grip on the road and on the track.
- Functional Groove Design (FGD) to optimize wet road riding behavior.
- Pure racetrack performance combined with the comfort and predictability you expect from a high-performance street tire.
- A maximum contact patch area is due in part to an ICS (Integrated Contour Shaping) technology, complimenting handling and power of today's modern motorcycles.
- The Diablo Rosso II has increased the regularity of wear thanks to the improvements with tread design; that, in combination with a specific silica compound, offers both excellent grip on wet surfaces and extended mileage.
- Features the aggressive Rosso tread design.
- When compared to its predecessor, the Diablo Rosso II rear tire features an increased slick area in the central rib and on the extreme shoulder so to provide increased mileage and braking and excellent dry grip at maximum lean.
- Tubeless (TL).
- Most sizes are (W)-rated for speeds of 168+ mph.
The Diablo Rosso II incorporates the bi-compound concept into the rear tire. In the Center of the tire (75% of total surface) the high silica content compound, blended with a reactive polymer, provides balanced performance to offer wet grip, stability and mileage. In the Shoulder area (25% of surface), the softer compound, which is derived from the experience of the Diablo Rosso Corsa and is localized along the naked shoulder of the tread, utilizes its fine carbon-black and resin compound to provide the sport performance required for dry grip at high lean angles.
feeling like my bike is new again while rolling out of the dealership.
nevertheless this tire ages very well and keep its qualities throughout most of its life. Have to say that I hate keeping my Ducati MS straight up for long, avoid freeways as much as possible and hate sitting in city traffic! This tire is worth its price and short lifespan.
First off I must say that the delivery of the tire was earlier than they said it would be here and I was happy as I could be to get it. Had a hole in the sidewall of my other tire so kinda needed it bad. The quality of the tire is great. I've ridden on it for about 250 miles since it was put on and love it. The handling of the bike has improved drastically with just adding the tire. The service of Motorsport.com was fast and very easy to navigate through. I've recommended several of my friends to the site for their tires also.
I have never had a street tire that performed as good at the track as a more track oriented dot tire but these tires do it all with the exception being the mileage isn't as good as I wldv expected but they made up for that with ridiculous good grip. these are on my sv 650
Really nice tires. I put them on my 09 R6 and they are great on the roads out in Az. They do not take long to warm up. I just curious to see how long they will last me. Other than that no complaints worth every penny.
the Diablo Rosso II has become my go-to-tire as I do a lot of canyon riding, some commuting and the occasional track day. Due to its dual compound construction it is grippy at lower lean angles in the canyons and on the track, yet does not wear out in the center when riding freeway on a regular basis. I would guess that I am getting about 5000 miles out them given my riding style