All Öhlins shock absorbers are developed from the knowledge and experience of top factory race teams around the world. Superior construction, superior materials and superior engineering skills give you the best-quality shock on the market. The shock body is precision-drawn steel with an aluminum shock reservoir. All springs are chrome silicon.
- 36 mm shock piston.
- Integrated remote hydraulic spring Preload adjuster.
- Features high- and low-speed Compression and Rebound damping; all settings are independent.
- Adjustable Length.
- Piggyback-type shock reservoir gives improved cooling to the shock oil for more consistent damping and long damper life.
- Allows a huge range of adjustments with equal increments of force throughout the adjustment settings range - even the shape of the damping curve can be changed to suit all types of tracks and conditions.
- All preload and rebound adjustment changes affect the flow of damping oil from the piston, not the shock piston rod or oil displacement volume.
- Compression damping forces are unique - unlike a conventional shock, compression is not caused by a drop in pressure on the rebound side of the piston; instead, it is caused by an increase in pressure on the compression side.
- Reduces cavitation and makes high gas pressure in the shock reservoir unnecessary, keeping internal pressures in the shock unit at a minimum.
- The low amount of internal pressure results in excellent suspension response even with a short stroke / high force acting on the shock.
All aspects of basic shock setup and performance are thoroughly tested to ensure that each shock absorber performs flawlessly. Öhlins shock absorbers are supported by Factory Authorized Service Centers in the United States and are 100% rebuildable so you get lasting quality - you can readjust, reshim and overhaul the shock absorber for years of peak performance.