This stuff is fairly permanent, use it on fasteners you don't plan on removing often, small torch is the easy way to remove fasteners that have this on them.
Loctite Red 262 Threadlocker
- 3 Reviews
- Ask a Question
Loctite Threadlocker Red 262 is a high-strength product that is applied to fasteners up to 3/4" (20 mm) in size before assembly. Localized heat and hand tools are required to separate parts. Solvents will not weaken the adhesive bond.
- Keeps nuts, bolts and screws tight.
- Permanent: Requires heating and hand tools to separate parts.
- Sold individually.
- Color: Red.
- Fastener size: Up to 3/4" (20 mm).
- Break / prevail torque: 190 / 180.
- Temperature range: -65 to 300F (-54 to 149C).
- Cure speed, steel @ 77F (25C): Fixture - 5 minutes (with primer); full strength - 24 hours.
I am addicted to this stuff. My KX500 rattles everything loose. I use this on everything. Applies easy, doesn't gum up on the tube, lasts a long time in the tube, and does what it is supposed to do as lock tight.
Sick of losing bolts from your bikes? sick of that fender flopping around from missing bolts, do yourself a favor, pick a few of these up and threadloc your bike!!!!
There have been no questions asked about the Loctite Red 262 Threadlocker.