To me front tire is everything and the MX31 excels in the mid to soft terrain like no other. On a track I have ridden for 7 yrs with various tires using the MX31 I immediately felt a difference in stability and traction where I was grabbing inside lines with confidence and staying on the gas in high speed corners longer versus the usual outside lines and shutting down early due to push. I am not one to switch brands or patterns on a whim but I am an instant fan of the mx31!!
Dunlop Geomax MX31 Front Tire
- 10 Reviews
- Ask a Question
The Geomax MX31 carries a wealth of innovative features that allow the tire to dig down deep for extra traction in sand and mud, resulting in tenacious grip across a wide range of soft-terrain conditions.
- The Geomax MX31 features Dunlop's patented, tapered, "chiseled" shoulder-block shape. A taper in the block creates a smaller point on top that allows the knob to penetrate through the ground's soft surface layer and grab the firmer ground beneath to gain traction instead of floating on the surface.
- Limited block surface creates a more open pattern for enhanced penetration in soft dirt / sand to contact harder ground for enhanced traction.
- Chiseled shoulder-block shape helps improve side traction and makes traversing ruts easier.
- Geomax Reinforced Pattern (GRP) design connects and reinforces the tread blocks for greater tread stiffness, while recessed design in the area between tread blocks helps give the tire superb compliance and ride comfort.
- Knobs are placed in a unique linked shoulder-block design for better traction and grip in soft-to-intermediate riding conditions.
This tire is great for all types of dirt & mud. Holds up well and is priced right!
The tire hooked up great they are on all my bikes and I love them the front of the bike never slid out from me from the great amount of traction they gave
Hooks up great in the sand and mud. Great for my style of trail riding in the south.
When the MX51 came out I was looking forward to an improvement over the D756 which was a great intermediate tire but didn't last long. The MX51 was a disappointment, too much push. I prefer the MX31 even in intermediate terrain. The MX31 feels like it has a bit too much flex in the sidewalls or knobs for firmer ground but that isn't really the terrain it was intended for.
Cleans better then the mx51 for the little bikes. It does seem to wear a little faster but I think the added grip and cleaning makes up for it.
Bought the front and rear both. Hook up well. Great looking tires. Makes life more fun than rounded edge older hard tires.
I ride mainly at Pala motocross in SoCal. mostly packed sand with some soft corners..put the MX31 on and couldn't be happier. It just flat out works on this track. I will never use a different tire in the soft stuff.
Bought the mx31 to replace my stock d942 dunlop. Wish I would have replaced it from the get go. Waaay better traction and as far as I can tell its holding up well.
There have been no questions asked about the Dunlop Geomax MX31 Front Tire.