AFAM 520 Sprocket And Chain Kit - Quick Acceleration
- Write a Review
- 1 Question
The AFAM 520 Sprocket And Chain Kit - Quick Acceleration includes ONE Steel Countershaft (Front) Sprocket, ONE Aluminum Rear Sprocket, and ONE Premium 520 Drive Chain, each with the following features:
Sprockets / Chainwheels Included:
AFAM Steel Front Sprocket:
- All countershaft sprockets are made of superior quality case-hardened alloy steel for extreme strength and wear resistance.
- Minimum tolerances combined with the race-proven AFAM tooth profile guarantees the quality you expect for high performance biking.
- Precision machining to extremely tight tolerances ensures that Renthal front sprockets are always within spec.
- Steel sprocket with one less tooth versus stock.
AFAM Aluminum Rear Sprocket:
- AFAM aluminum rear sprockets are all manufactured in aluminum 7075 with T6 surface hardening.
- Precise tolerances combined with the perfect AFAM tooth profile are the secrets for this premium quality product.
- Aluminum sprocket with one more tooth versus stock.
D.I.D 520 ERV3 X-Ring Chain:
The D.I.D ERV3 X-ring chain is the ultimate high-performance, lightweight, low-friction race chain available and is used extensively by many off-road race teams. The ERV3 X-ring chain utilizes D.I.D's patented X-ring technology which reduces friction by 50% over standard O-ring chains for minimized power loss. The pins on the ERV3 X-ring chain have been put through a patented heat-treatment process to produce a pin that is 1.5 times harder than conventional pins. The result is a chain that is significantly stronger and offers better wear resistance than many other chains on the market. D.I.D ERV3 X-ring chains feature a gold-plated finish that resists rust and adds a little style to your motorcycle or ATV.
- Exclusively designed for motorcycle racing.
- High performance, lightweight and low friction chain provides the winning edge in World Class competition.
- Features gold color plates.
- Average tensile strength of 8,650 pounds.
- Wear life index: 3100.
- For 250 - 750cc Rally, 750cc Superbike and 250 - 750cc Endurance applications.
- Weight (per 100 links): 3.30 pounds.
- Includes a rivet-style master link.
- 120 links.
Note for installing X-ring chains: As X-ring chains are wider than standard roller chains, when fitting an X-ring chain to a motorcycle that was fitted with a non O-ring chain as original equipment, it is essential to check that there is proper clearance of the engine cases near the countershaft sprocket and any other places of close contact. Failure to do so could result in damage to the chain and motorcycle and could ultimately cause the chain to fail.
Note: Image is for reference ONLY, actual product will vary based on fitment and selection.