Straight cut, fashionable jean.
Bull-it has optimized the ride height of the waist to ensure maximum fashion through the straight leg style whilst still covering the lower back when riding. A wick-away mesh liner is included, as well as the new adjustable knee armor pockets that fits both CE Level 1 Bull-it Gravity protectors and the new CE level 2 Phantom protectors for hip and knee (each sold separately). The new armor pocket design has added comfort on the skin as the pocket folds onto itself hiding the Velcro hook-and-loop and allows for perfect adjustment. The proprietary Covec SR6 liner is ideal for hot and cold climates, keeping you cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. As with all Bull-it products, these jeans have a water-repellent finish.
- 60% Covec SR6 liner coverage.
- 12.5-ounce denim.
- Straight cut.
- Three (3) leg length options (short 30 inches, regular 32 inches, long 34 inches).
- Waist sizes from 30 inches to 44 inches.
- Mid-height waist line, suitable for all riding styles.
- Straight cut with lower leg inside or outside of boot option.
- New fold and tuck adjustable height knee armor pockets.
- Thigh armor pockets included.
- Wick-away mesh for comfort, working with the Covec rib this creates increased airflow keeping you cooler in warm weather and warmer in cold weather.
- Water-repellent finish all over.
- Traditional 5 pocket denim design.
- Flat Bull-it branded rivets for the front pockets and YKK zips.
- Note: In common with some popular, regular fashion jeans, the Bull-it Straight cut jean waist sizes are 1-1/2 inches more than the actual printed size and are all the same fit, making the choice of style so much easier.
The mid-level SR6 jeans use the Covec SR6 liner, these jeans are tested to and certified CE EN 13595-1 Level 1 Clause 5.4 for abrasion resistance with 6 seconds in all relevant zones.
- Bull-it SR4, SR6 and VoloCE products use Covec materials and are tested to achieve a specific level of performance in areas Bull-it believes are important to the rider, that's pretty much all the usual impact areas and not just the zones required for certification, for VoloCE there is 100% coverage. For SR4 50% and SR6 60%. This is already over and above the amount a lot of bike jeans have, that's why the competition have stitch panels all over the thighs, seat and knees, to use as little protective material as they can get away with, some use even less just to say its in there at all.
- Covec provides low thermal conductivity and a high melting point, preventing additional consequential burns in a crash scenario. Clearly materials with high heat conductivity and low melting point like UHMWPE are less suitable in situations where heat is produced due to friction against abrasive road surfaces. Any product may incorporate high performance fibers and yarns but its performance will be defined in certain circumstances by the lowest common denominator in any given situation.
- The five-layer laminated construction of Covec allows for a thermal barrier to extreme weather conditions, in hot weather the heat of the day is held at bay by the natural low thermal performance of Covec and the micro-climate created by the channeling in the fabric. This also works in cold weather keeping the body temperature inside the jeans and the cold out.