The people at Bull-it Jeans ride, they raced, they love bikes. Bull-it Jeans works with BSB teams, Speedway riders, the fire department - responsible for scooping people up from the road. Just anyone who needs a solution to casual riding in protective casual clothing. For those out there that advocate leathers over jeans, well so do they at Bull-it Jeans - when the time is right. Guys and girls out there will always ride in denim jeans and occasionally hoodies. So they make it as safe and wickedly cool as they can!
- A soft knitted fleece with a brushed back, 100% cotton outer.
- Multiple outer pockets, including a phone pocket.
- Bull-it black and silver embroidered chest logo.
- Inside kidney belt to keep the back protector in place.
- Main seams use triple-stitched construction.
- Genuine YKK zippers.
- Micro-climate inside - 1 mm of airflow using Covec structure and cool mesh liner, keeps you warm when it's cold and cool in the summer.
- Covec thermal barrier inside - prevents heat transfer from road friction.
- 100% internal cover of Covec impact abrasion prevention layer.
- CE 1621 approved protectors in the back, shoulders and elbows.
- Water-repellent finish.
- Bull-it SR4, SR6 and VoloCE products use Covec materials and are tested to achieve a specific level of performance in areas Bull-it believes are important to the rider, that's pretty much all the usual impact areas and not just the zones required for certification, for VoloCE there is 100% coverage. For SR4 50% and SR6 60%. This is already over and above the amount a lot of bike jeans have, that's why the competition have stitch panels all over the thighs, seat and knees, to use as little protective material as they can get away with, some use even less just to say its in there at all.
- Covec provides low thermal conductivity and a high melting point, preventing additional consequential burns in a crash scenario. Clearly materials with high heat conductivity and low melting point like UHMWPE are less suitable in situations where heat is produced due to friction against abrasive road surfaces. Any product may incorporate high performance fibers and yarns but its performance will be defined in certain circumstances by the lowest common denominator in any given situation.
- The five-layer laminated construction of Covec allows for a thermal barrier to extreme weather conditions, in hot weather the heat of the day is held at bay by the natural low thermal performance of Covec and the micro-climate created by the channeling in the fabric. This also works in cold weather keeping the body temperature inside the jeans and the cold out.
- All materials used in biker gear will degrade with UV-light, the one more than the other; you might think this isn't too much of an issue when the material is used as a liner, but UV-rays will partially penetrate through denim for example. The materials should also kept away from UV-rays in the washing cycle. The Covec laminate provides added UV protection.
Armor Pockets for CE EN 1621 Approved Protectors:
Covec's (Bull-it Jeans') own CE EN 1621 Approved Impact Protectors for all joints increase the overall level of protection, using the latest impact load spread technology. Covec Impact Division has started making its own Impact Protectors in early 2014 and is offering a complete package of Impact Protectors for both jeans and jackets. The CE EN 1621 Approved protectors are delivered in the VoloCE products, for the SR4 and SR6 products the protectors are optional, all products have protector pockets. In the jackets, CE EN 1621 Approved elbow and shoulder protectors are delivered (and a foam back protector).