Write your review and you'll automatically be entered in our monthly drawing. Include an image or video to DOUBLE your chances to win!Write Your Review
There is research and testing done on polycarbonate lenses being shatter resistant and they are one of the best materials for eyewear lenses in terms of impact resistance.
- Has there been any research on how durable polycarbonate lenses are to rocks or large bugs?
RESPONSE: I think you would have a better chance being injured by being knocked off the bike by the impact than the impact on the lenses.
- I’m looking to buy eye protection but would like to know how "shatter proof" a polycarbonate lens really is.
RESPONSE: Please note these are not shatter proof but shatter resistant.
- Will it stop a small rock?
RESPONSE: Multiple factors play into this including; speed of projectile, thickness of lens, shape of rock and sharp edges, location of impact on the lens. But from my experience they should stop a small pebble
- Do goggles have thicker lenses compared to riding glasses?
RESPONSE: In general no they are not thicker, but there are some that could be.
- Has there been any recorded instances of someone being hit in the eye while wearing one of these lenses because it broke?
RESPONSE: Not that we are aware of, but cannot and will not guarantee anything.
But what I can say from my experience I would personally be extremely confident in wearing polycarbonate lenses while motorcycle riding and would not choose any other materials.
DISCLAIMER: Please do not take any of the above information as a guarantee of any sort and multiple factors affect the lenses. We are only speaking from our experience and industry general knowledge.