Every journey begins with a single step, so it's important you get that first step right. The Alpinestars Tech 8 Lite Boots are the motocross boots trusted by the pros to make sure that when you are riding, you don't have to worry about what your feet are doing. In 2011 Ryan Villopoto wore Alpinestars while he was winning the 2011 Monster Energy Supercross Championship and the 2011 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship. He was also a vital member of Team America as they won their 7th consecutive Motocross of Nations. By wearing the Alpinestars Tech 8 Light Boots you can make sure that the only hard step you'll be taking is the one to the top of the podium.
The latest incarnation of the Tech 8 uses premium materials and innovative design features to create a lightweight motocross boot with unrivaled levels of safety and performance. A unique inner ankle sleeve enhances comfort and fit when riding, while integrated high modulus TPU plates protect you from whatever the trail can throw at you.
Evolution improves the breed
- Innovative design and the use of advanced material compounds have resulted in a 15% weight reduction from the previous version.
- Upper constructed with a combination of lightweight, Hi-tech Microfiber and leather for the optimum combination of durability, abrasion and tear resistance.
- Alpinestars unique inner ankle sleeve is constructed from leather with 3D mesh panels and incorporates adjustable shock absorbing gel inserts on the ankles and a removable anatomic footbed for enhanced comfort, fit and protection on the ankle and lower leg.
- Alpinestars exclusive fully replaceable, high grip, dual-density rubber outsole.
Class leading protection and performance
- Contoured shin and calf plate is injected with high modulus TPU for superior impact resistance and is perforated to increase ventilation.
- Extended, internal protection plates are also made of injected TPU and guard the ankle and lower foot, as well as the toe-box area.
- Contoured tempered steel shank is over injected inside the mid-sole assembly for rider safety and support.
- Stamped steel toe and heel guard.
Precision and comfort
- Dual sliding blade mechanisms on the front and rear of the boot offer progressive resistance to fore and aft movement for enhanced comfort and control straight out of the box.
- Low profile toe for improved control and sensitiveness in the shift area.
- New ergonomic ankle construction means no break-in is required for comfortable riding.
- Full-length, sculpted rubber panel on the inner side of the boot gives superb grip against the bike and is insulated with aluminum foil for improved heat resistance.
- Instep and Achilles flex zones for superior comfort, control and support.
- Revised closure system features 4 new self-aligning, quick release aluminum buckles with memory adjustment for precise closure.
- Top and bottom reverse closure design provides superior impact security and improved fit.
- Replaceable kick starter protection insert located on the right boot.
- Soft, TPU gaiter provides an effective seal around the top of the boot, preventing excessive water and dirt entry.
- Breathable 3D tech mesh lining reduces heat buildup and improves comfort.
- The Alpinestars Tech 8 Light boot is CE certified.
MotoSport.com Price: $459.99