Game changed. Again.
Since its introduction back in 1967, the Bell Star has long represented the standard in head protection. Revered as the first full-face helmet on the market, the Bell Star inspired an industry to pursue the science of head protection. That obsession with helmet innovation continues today. The new Bell Star is more than an evolution of its predecessor. It's a complete rethinking of what a race helmet should be, driven by the essential needs of the modern racer.
The 2016 Star. Re-imagined performance from start to finish.
The racer with a day job, the Race Star provides the same level of rider protection in a more affordable package.
- 3K Carbon Shell:
- The proven 3K carbon fiber on the 2016 Race Star gives this helmet the look, performance, and feel of a true race helmet.
- Flex Impact Liner:
- A first-of-its kind, three-layer impact liner designed to manage energy from three potential impact scenarios: low, mid and high-speed.
- Progressive Layering:
- Pro Star and Race Star feature the Flex impact liner, designed to perform across a range of crash scenarios.
- It does this by using three different materials at three different densities.
- As the impact becomes greater, higher density layers are engaged to manage energy.
- Virus CoolJade Power Mesh Liner:
- Pro Star and Race Star feature the most technically advanced liner on the market.
- Designed to withstand the rigors of hard use in extreme conditions, the Virus liner allows athletes to stay cool, keep comfortable and beat the funk.
- CoolJade fabric from Virus has been infused with recycled jade to create a natural cooling effect.
- The ultra-wicking construction combined with CoolJade-infused yarn decreases your skin surface temperature up to 10F - keeping you comfortable, dry and cool.
- Protection From Impact:
- Bell's patented Flex impact liner offers best-in-class energy management.
- Reinvented Field of View:
- The 2016 Star offers an entirely new viewport creating better vertical and lateral field of view and even greater head-check visibility.
- Broaden Your Horizon - Panovision Viewport Increases Field of View:
- No matter what or how you ride, one factor remains constant: the need for maximum visibility. Whether racing or going on a simple ride in the mountains, the ability to make safe head-checks and see obstacles clearly is critical.
- The Panovision viewport in the 2016 Star offers riders additional vertical and lateral visibility over the previous Star and more traditional viewports. This allows the rider to see better in a tight or tucked position and make safer lane changes and head-checks.
- The Panovision viewport's dropped corner offers outstanding visibility to lateral field of view.
- Field Tested and Developed:
- Working with professional riders on the track is the best way to understand the challenge and generate solutions quickly.
- Optimized Aerodynamics:
- Using Bell's state-of-the-art wind tunnel, they fine-tuned the Star's aerodynamics with advanced riding simulations.
- More Sizes. More Performance:
- Offering six EPS and five shell sizes allows a more proportional fit and improved performance, especially at high speeds.
- Magnefusion Magnetic Cheekpads:
- Allows for easy removal of the pads for washing and enables emergency responders to easily remove the cheekpads first before removing the helmet following an impact.
- Purpose Built: Raceview vs. Streetview:
- The 2016 Star features two unique profile shapes for two distinctly different types of riding.
- The Raceview profile used on the Pro Star (sold separately) and Race Star (this model) uses an orientation specifically optimized for a tucked, more compact position. The Raceview profile is for a rider that enjoys a tight position and pushing their skills.
- Conversely, the Streetview profile used for the Star (sold separately) is designed for a more upright, sport or touring position. The Streetview profile is designed for a less aggressive rider.
- Weight: 1500 grams.
- Certification: DOT, ECE 22.05, Snell M2015.
- Note: Helmet ships with Clear shield, other hues sold separately.