I purchase the helmet and was extremely pleased with it's features. Very light weight. It was snug at first but a few hours later , a perfect glove fit. I would without hesitation choose the same helmet again. my only gripe is I wished that the chin strap was a little wider, and thicker.
Write your review and you'll automatically be entered in our monthly drawing. Include an image or video to DOUBLE your chances to win!Write Your Review
I’ve recently upgraded to a Pro Star and wrote a race review. That said, the pro star makes me appreciate the incredible value of the Race Star so much more. The race star doesn’t feel any heavier than the pro. The fit and comfort are identical. They both have incredible visibility though the pro is better in the tucked position.
The reason I upgraded is because I had a high sider and came down with my head being the first thing to touch the ground. My trajectory upon landing was at a relatively shallow angle and my head slid across the tarmac before the rest of me succumbed to gravity.
The helmet did exactly what it should have. I had zero injuries to my head and neck. I didn’t even have a head ache. The shell of my race star suffered mostly cosmetic damage though I’m sure the high and medium speed impact liners were deformed (as they should be if the technology works as advertised)
Unless you are looking for a strictly racing/track only lid, I would actually recommend the race over the pro. It was great for weekend warrior track day duty on my R1, yet it still offered great visibility on the street with the more upright riding position of my Speed Triple R.
Everything that I love about my Pro Star You can find in the race.
1 The removal padding secured and is removed easily using magnets. I can’t imagine an easier system. Removing the pads to wash and putting them back in is no longer a major pain.
2. Visibility, second to no other lid I’ve owned, ridden with, or tried one. The panovision feature really does make a huge difference when turning your head to check the rear. And the clear class 1 optics will make you think there’s no shield on at all. Until that first bug anyway.
3. Quiet. I’ve gone out for a track session, forgetting my ear plugs and didn’t even notice. This is not to say earplugs aren’t still an improvement. And for street riding I’d argue ear plugs aren’t needed at all.
4. Fit - personally I like the fit. It is snug, which I really like. Plus the 3rd protective liner in the helmet, the one closest to your head, molds to the shape of your back head So you end up with a custom fit. Plus cheek pads are interchangeable to really dial the fit in. That said this is not a helmet for touring riding. After about an hour it’s time to get it off. And I’ve been on 2-3 hour rides and at the end of those I’m miserable from pressure points. I don’t look at this as a down side because I want the helmet to fit me how it does for the kind of riding I use it for.
5. Cooling - ventilation is good. I have no complaints. I’ve not had any fogging issues, including in the rain and in cooler evening rides. The liner is made of a material that promotes your skin staying cool and I’d say it works well
6. Build quality - everything feels top quality and like I’d expect more expensive helmets to feel. The visor has a great positive lock feel in the cracked and open positions and makes an awesome seal when closed. Everything about the helmet feels premium grade.
7. Ease of use - taking the visor off and putting it on is so easy!! I’ve done a visor change with my race gauntlets on! Luke the magnefusion liner the visor mechanism is the easiest I’ve used and I can’t imagine it being any easier.
The only thing i don’t like is that no matter what graphic the bell logo is big and white with red outline and right above the visor. I don’t mind the helmet having Iran brand name on it, I just wish it was intergrated into the design or graphic a little better.
The best thing of all is the price. MSRP Is already a great deal for this helmet. But rarely will you ever pay that. I purchased both my race and pro from Motorsport for 50% off!
There have been no questions asked about the Bell Race Star Helmet - Sector.