The latest expression of the ultimate off-road helmet, the brand new VX-Pro4 evolved from the much-loved VX-Pro3 model. So it's still the perfect choice for MX, enduro and off-road use. Just as in every Arai helmet, the basic and simple organic shell shape is based on the R75 shape concept. The absence of exaggerated edges or protrusions on the shell should not be mistaken for a lack of imagination. It's a visual demonstration of Arai's commitment to maintaining the integrity of the shell with real-world impact performance.
The VX-Pro4 has Arai's INTERMEDIATE OVAL (IO) interior fit shape.
- Shell Materials: In order to maximize performance, Arai precisely assembles the shell from multiple proprietary components. Super Fiber, one of the primary materials, costs up to six times more than standard fiberglass, but provides 30% higher tensile strength and increased penetration resistance. The cLc (complex Laminate construction) method demands precise and time-consuming assembly by master craftsmen from many individual pieces. Even though the bare shell is not visible after paint and final assembly, each one exemplifies the experience and the dedication of the entire Arai family.
- New Peak Design: The new VX-Pro4's peak is 14 mm longer and 5 mm wider than the previous model for improved ability to deflect roost and flying debris. To compensate for increased lift, the air outlets on the new peak have been made larger as well.
- A Smooth Instead of Ridged Shell: The shell itself is consistently round and smooth, maintaining the R75 Shape concept in areas above the acknowledged test line. Here, the rounded chin-bar maintains the same compact shell length with the previous model, the VX-Pro3. The result is less protrusion, which has proven to be less likely to catch and dig-in during a spill.
- Chin-Bar Vent Grill: Installed on the uniquely rounded chin-bar, the stainless mesh grill is now mounted from the outside under the exterior vent cap, and can be easily removed for cleaning or damage replacement. The vent cap is also designed to break away from the chin-bar in the event of impact.
- Goggle Strap Locator: The Goggle Strap Locator keeps the goggle strap in position even during aggressive, competitive riding. The new top rear duct center brace, together with the side port cowlings, also assist in keeping the strap in position on the side and back areas.
- Rear Duct: The Air-Through top-rear-duct center brace also functions as a goggle-strap locator. The diffusers can be removed or replaced quickly and easily by removing a single screw on the rear-duct center brace.
- Removable Neckroll: The all-new removable neckroll allows easy and convenient cleaning of the helmet.
- Emergency Cheekpad Release System: The revised Emergency Release Cheekpad System has the release tab repositioned and is easier to access by rescue staff.
- Certifications: The Arai VX-Pro4 Helmet is SNELL and DOT approved.
- Note: Fluorescent and/or bright finishes fade over time and exposure to sunlight. This is normal and is not covered by warranty.