Perhaps the most fabled name in the entire Arai lineup, the Corsair has long been renowned as one of the most advanced, highest quality helmets available anywhere in the world. It represents the culmination of Arai's vast experience in helmet design and unwavering focus on rider protection. And with features like the ingenious VAS shield mechanism, dramatically improved air flow and ventilation and an Eco-Pure liner, the Corsair-X has certainly earned its place as Arai's flagship model.
The Corsair-X has Arai's Intermediate Oval (IO) interior fit shape.
- VAS Shield Mechanism:
- The SAI shield on the Corsair-V has only a single axis pivot point but the Corsair-X has the new VAS mechanism with a variable axis incorporating a moving pivot point. By combining the pin trajectory, which is based on an imaginary axis, with the two trajectories of the double pivot point slot, the shield opens and closes smoothly even with the much lower shield mount position.
- A dual-function lever releases both the side cover / pod and shield pin for quick and simple shield removal. Being able to see the shield mechanism allows for easier shield changes.
- Improved Glance Off Ability:
- The VAS pivot cover is now smaller and lower than the previous design, yielding an average of 24 mm more area above the cover. The shell is now smoother along the Snell test line in the temple area, thus increasing the helmet's ability to glance off objects during an impact.
- Compared with the shell of the Corsair-V, the smooth area around the temple is increased by an average of 24 mm on the new VAS model. Having a rounder, smoother shell over a larger area increases the ability of a helmet to glance off objects more easily.
- Improved Shield Latch:
- The VAS latch captures and securely holds the shield closed to help prevent unexpected opening. In addition to the de-mist function, the larger latch allows for intuitive and seamless shield operation.
- PB-SNC Shell:
- Created from super fiber and special synthetic fibers, and assembled by Arai experts, the shell provides both superb tensile strength and flexibility characteristics. Like the metal bands used to hold a wooden barrel together, a variety of carefully placed materials, combined with newly developed resins result in strong shells with less weight.
- Diffuser Type 12:
- New Type 12 diffusers are 20 mm longer and take in 19% more air than the previous design. In addition, the new air intake vents have three positions and are designed to help provide improved sealing which decreases road noise and water intrusion.
- Eco-Pure Liner:
- The fully removable interior comfort liner has been improved and updated with Eco-Pure material, which helps maintain a neutral pH level close to the skin. In addition, the new, soft frame material is more comfortable and features removable temple padding and brand new removable / replaceable crown pad to allow for a customized fit.
- VAS Max-V (BV) Shield:
- VAS Max Vision shield is standard to provide better visibility in all seasons and for all types of riding. A clear Pinlock insert is standard with the Corsair-X.
- IC Duct5:
- The new IC Duct-5 provides 11% more air flow than the previous Delta Duct 5. The new, bigger switch features three positions, is easier to open, and limits water intrusion when fully closed.
- Chin Curtain:
- The new chin curtain accentuates the egg-shaped form of the outer shell. In addition, it blocks the intrusion of turbulent air from the underside of the helmet and increases negative pressure to enhance the function of the chin vent by drawing more air from the mouth area.
- DOT and SNELL M2020 certified.
Notes: Helmet ships with a Clear face shield. Fluorescent and/or bright finishes fade over time and exposure to sunlight. This is normal and is not covered by warranty.