The AGV Pista GP is a full carbon fiber helmet specially designed for racing. It is the result of the AGV Extreme Standards Helmets project, which makes it one of the most innovative helmets ever released by AGV. The outer shell is in full carbon fiber. It was designed, developed, and tested together with Valentino Rossi aiming to create the ultimate protection for racing. The use of FEM (Finite Elements Analysis) enabled developers to reach new untouched standards in terms of protection, comfort, and ergonomics, making the Pista GP, the benchmark helmet for motorcycle racing.
The rider Valentino Rossi has taken part in testing the Pista GP helmet since 2009. His opinions have been extremely valuable in identifying the best technical solutions to adopt. His comments, which confirm the results of the simulations and tests carried out, are as follows:
- "I am very happy with the interior shell."
- "Great aerodynamics, it feels like I am not wearing a helmet."
- "Excellent ventilation, it is really noticeable."
- "Exaggerated visibility, like switching from the TV to the cinema."
Valentino Rossi's validation is the final approval of the Pista GP helmet, whose conception process, research, design, testing and validation, has complied with the innovative guidelines established by AGV Standards.
- Designed to maximize comfort, ergonomics, safety and aerodynamics.
- Designed to minimize interference when wearing a racing suit and protective hump.
- Exterior shell in four sizes entirely made of carbon fiber composite.
- Interior EPS shell in four sizes.
- Shell and EPS dimensions optimized using the FEM (Finite Elements Analysis) system.
- IVS (Integrated Ventilation System) with wide channels hollowed directly in the shell and holes that allow direct air flow to the rider's head.
- Ventilation system, designed and optimized in a wind tunnel, comprising four front air intakes (three at the front and one on the chin guard) and two rear extractors.
- Air intakes are in the "always open" position with protective metal frames and meshes; plastic caps (sold separately) are available for bad weather. Total surface area of air intakes is 193% larger than the GP-Tech.
- Large rear spoiler optimized in a wind tunnel to maximize aerodynamic performance and ventilation also at high speeds. Spoiler designed to detach from the helmet in the event of an accident to increase the passive safety of the helmet.
- New visor mechanism in metal with roto-translation opening. Quick-release system for tool-free removal and replacement of the visor in seconds. Surface of the visor mechanism reduced by 71% compared to the GP-Tech.
- Visor safety system with an external screw attached to the mechanism base, reducing the risk of the visor detaching in the event of a fall. Visor front locking system that reduces the risk of accidental opening, also in the event of an accident. Visor micro-opening system incorporated in the front locking system.
- Flat, non-scratch and anti-fog RACE visor with wide field of vision, Pinlock-ready and equipped for tear-off strips with 100% protection from UV rays.
- Visor, in compliance with the Class 1 optical standard, is free from visual distortion, with a thickness up to 3.5 mm for extra protection.
- Field of vision increased by 15 on the horizon, optimized for a rider lying flat on the tank. Overall field of vision increased by about 8% compared to the GP-Tech and the main rivals.
- Removable nose guard.
- Removable wind-proof chin strap protection.
- Fully removable and washable inner liners.
- Breathable, micro-perforated Lycra crown pad with concave 3D structure that is pre-shaped in a single piece according to the morphological characteristics of the head, without stitching in the sensitive areas, and differentiated density foam. Option of personalizing the crown pad fit at four support points, thanks to inserts with differentiated hardness.
- 3D cheek pads in Dry-Comfort with sanitizing treatment, differentiated density foam and incorporated neck protector for extra comfort and sound-proofing.
- Inner liners covered by three patents.
- Double-D retention system.
- Front section reduced by 3% compared to the GP-Tech. Lateral section reduced by 6% compared to the GP-Tech.
- Weight: 1250 grams ( 50 grams) for size M.
- Certifications: DOT (US) and ECE-22.05.
"I consider the Pista GP helmet a tribute to Gino Amisano, an entrepreneur I admired for his ability to innovate, the records he achieved, and the competitive spirit with which he faced every challenge. The new helmet is part of the AGV Extreme Standards project, which, in line with the qualities established by Amisano, revolutionizes the way helmets are designed, setting new records for protection and ergonomics that are clearly evident. The next generation helmets arising from this project are intended to place AGV, once again, in a leading market position with its technology." - Lino Dainese.