great helmet and great service. I just picked the wrong size.
Shoei VFX-W Helmet - Krack
- 148 Reviews
- 11 Questions
With so many helmet options available to the motocross and off-road riding and racing communities, SHOEI takes great pride in the fact that more top riders prefer the groundbreaking VFX-W over all others. The absolute pinnacle of off-road helmets, the VFX-W is the result of countless hours of conceptualization, R&D, and testing with the most hard-nosed critics of all, a professional racing team. With top pros like Kevin Windham, Josh Grant, Josh Strang, and Destry Abbott leading the charge, the VFX-W is drenched in state-of-the-art features, and absolutely no stone was left unturned during its development. If you're looking for a new lid to hit the track or trail, look no further.
- AIM+ Shell Construction: Shoei's proprietary AIM+ technology. This process combines fiberglass with organic fibers that are so strong that they can only be cut with a laser. The end result is a stronger, lighter shell that will absorb and distribute the force of an impact safely and efficiently.
- Dual-Layer EPS liner: Dual-layer liner yields enhanced impact absorption by adjusting thickness and density in key areas. Inner liner features air channels for efficient cooling. Impact-absorbing EPS liner throughout the entire chin bar.
- V-430 "Sleek" Visor: Developed by Shoei's sponsored riders. Lengthened for additional protection from sun and roost. Adjustment slot lengthened for greater versatility. Plastic hardware is utilized for easier visor breakaway during impact. Includes a matte black strip to reduce glare.
- 3D Max-Dry Liner System: Polyurethane foam pads are three dimensionally formed for a perfect fit. Proprietary synthetic fiber absorbs and exhausts sweat 2X faster than conventional nylon. Liner is removable, adjustable, and washable.
- Emergency Quick Release System (EQRS): Mechanical tabs disengage cheek pads for easy removal by emergency medical personnel. Helmet can be removed with minimum load to rider in emergency situations.
- Ventilation system: Improved air intakes are located in mouthpiece, forehead, and through scoops directing air into EPS liner. Seven exhaust ports dispel hot air from the rear of the helmet. Vent openings are covered by wire mesh to prevent dirt from entering liner.
- "Sleek" mouthpiece: Wire mesh screen helps prevent roost from entering the mouthpiece. A strip of AIM+ shell material reinforces mesh screen and helps to reduce chances of larger intrusions. Sleek mouthpiece directs cooling air through a removable and washable foam filter.
- 5-Year Warranty: 5-year warranty from purchase date. 7-Year warranty from helmet manufacture date. Whichever comes first.
- Meets or exceeds SNELL and DOT standards.
Looks like carbon fiber. Fits well, seems pretty well made. Cant beat it for the price. Only concern is the plastic screws that hold the visor on feel like they might come out or break but so far so good!
I'm an Arai guy but this Shoei is a gorgeous helmet. Reminds me of why I wore Shoei helmets for so many years. Light, flawlessly constructed, supremely comfortable. No regrets.
Best helment I have ever owned!!
The VFX helmets are awesome this will be my third one if that tells you anything!
Excellent helmet. Motosport always has what we need and a good price with quick shipping
Quality and comfort is second to none.
and I don't regret listening to her. It fits my head perfectly, it's breathe-ability is unmatched and I can't wait for summer. Shoei #1 in my book.
its been way to long since I've had a new helmet. Love the fit. Having the ear holes is super nice. Great air flow through the helmet.
Ordered the wrong size. Replacement showed up in two days quick, easy and free. Highly recommended and I'm going to shop here more often.
Very good product, much better than the cheap stuff you can buy at your local bike shop. This helment offers superior protection than most brands. And when you are out riding trails and you have pines and oaks blazing by you at 30 40 mph or at the track topping a 120 ft table top into a turn with 20 bikes behind you at least you know your knoggin will be all right.
Shoei VFX-W I notice a big different in weight and airflow .. wish I had bought Shoei years ago my option it's well worth the extra money to buy
I normally wear Arai helmets, but I have had great experience with Shoei and the look and price of this helmet was too good to pass up. It matches my 2009 Husky perfectly and is a top shelf product. Looks a lot better than the picture on the email.
Shoei helmets are definitely the best helmets made. Well worth the money.
This was bought as a gift for my husband. Based on what he has shared with me, this is the best helmet he has ever owned as an adult rider. He is a very experienced rider/occasional racer of 30 years and does mostly woods/cross country riding (lots of branches slamming you in the head on single track rides, big rocks and stumps causing the occasional fall, hair pin turns while racing with a buddy, ending in some wipe outs--you know, the type of riding where you want a solid performing helmet to protect you). The brand and sale price caught his attention before reading the review--which all practically sold him on this helmet. After trying it on, the deal was sealed. The helmet doesn't fit tight, but it's snug, which is exactly what he wants while doing the type of riding he does. He commented on how comfortable the padding was around the pressure points on his head too. No slipping or moving around, not too heavy, etc. The motorsport's sizing chart seems to be extremely accurate as we used their chart to get his measurements prior to me "surprise ordering" the helmet for Christmas. He will definitely be using this helmet for a long time! Not a single complaint here! And one happy wife :)
Ok, I'll admit that I've never been too big on the idea of a really expensive dirtbike helmet (looking at you Arai and Shoei!).
Anyway, was totally fine with my Fox helmet and I received this lovely Shoei. Fit and finish is flawless and I really like the venting! Not "super" light but a lightweight none the less.
Foam quality is excellent with proper pressure against cheeks and forehead without any pain or gaps. Haven't owned long enough to speak to durability or "performance" (ie., a helmet only "performs" when you crash in it). However, vision is excellent and everything is well constructed in a light chasis.
After a lot of research, I concluded this is one of the best helmets being made today. True to size, very comfortable, snug fit. Fairly lightweight, high quality finish. Airflow is good.
this review is more for motosport . got a great price on a great product.
I have worn shoei helmets for years and this helmet is top quality. happy to have caught the blowout sale.
Great fit, great quality.
Dirt Bike / ATV: 1-888-676-8853
Dirt Bike / ATV: 1-888-676-8853
Sport Motorcycle: 1-866-677-7338
the manufacture date.