The new-from-the-ground-up Moto-9 dirt helmet elevates the category with not only improved fit, ventilation and comfort, but added safety features. Bell's new magnetic cheek pad system - the Magnefusion Emergency Release System (MERS) - allows for easy helmet removal in emergency situations. Used in conjunction with the Eject Helmet Removal System - which the Moto-9's liner was specifically designed to accommodate - the two features allow first responders to gently remove the helmet from a rider's head, reducing the potential for secondary neck or spine injuries. On a practical basis, MERS allows for easy removal and hand washing of the cheek pads, a useful convenience for keeping the interior clean and grunge-free. The Moto-9 also features a removable and washable X-Static - a silver-woven antimicrobial and antibacterial material - extended wear interior which helps wick moisture away from the head for maximum comfort.
Moving outward on the helmet, the Moto-9 features a souped-up version of Bell's Velocity Flow Ventilation system, which literally pulls air through the helmet, keeping the rider cooler. Bell's TriMatrix Composite Shell keeps weight low and strength in the right places, while the Flying Bridge Visor is easily adjusted with two hand-in-glove-adjustable Quick Flip screws that firmly hold the visor in place. The patented Magnefusion strap keeper replaces the often hard-to-locate strap snap with an elegant magnetic solution that easily engages and secures the strap end. Bell standards like an integrated, removable roost guard, padded chin strap with D-ring closure and a five year warranty are all part of the package - as well as a deluxe padded helmet bag.
- Super light weight KevlarŪ / carbon fiber / fiber glass TriMatrix composite shell.
- Fully adjustable Flying Bridge Visor with air intake vents.
- Velocity Flow ventilation system for maximum cooling.
- Removable and washable X-StaticŪ silver lined extended wear interior.
- Exclusive Magnefusion Emergency Removal System (MERS) cheek pads.
- QuickFlip visor screws for easy adjustment even with gloves on.
- Fully ventilated EPS-lined chinbar.
- Integrated vented roost guard.
- Exclusive Magnefusion magnetic strap keeper.
- Padded chin strap with D-ring closure.
- Padded, lined helmet bag included.
- Approximate weight at 1450 grams.
- Certifications: DOT, SNELL M2010.
- Five-year warranty.