The first top-to-bottom redesign of Arai's VX series. Bristling with functional updates, it promises to be the choice of a growing number of racers and riders turning away from needless flash and stamped-out construction in favor or Arai's legendary pursuit of building the best helmet humanly possible.
It features numerous updates and several innovations, like Arai's innovative new Emergency-Release Cheek Pad design developed for much easier helmet removal from an injured rider by trained medical technicians. The PRO3 is also Arai's first dirt helmet to feature its top-mount diffuser ventilation system.
- Shell Construction: The Pro3's CLC (Complex Laminate Construction) shell utilizes Arai's proprietary aerospace fiberglass technology to achieve a strong, flexible shell in a lightweight package.
- Peak Design: The radical peak design actually scavenges and forces more air into the forehead vent-ports for improved cooling, while at the same time using multiple relief-ports to reduce "bucketing" at higher speeds (under-peak "forehead" vent-ports are another much-copied Arai innovation).
- Chinbar Forward Tilt: Redesigned with an additional 11 mm of forward tilt in the upper chinbar nose area, giving you more room and a more open feeling. The length and radius of the chinbar are unchanged, retaining the VX-Series' minimized protrusion.
- One-Piece Grill: A one-piece, stamp-formed, stainless-steel expanded-mesh screen provides a durable barrier against roost while minimizing mud-packing. The closeable chinbar vent gate, introduced earlier, allows airflow control to the chin area. And it can be easily removed and replaced.
- Rounded Chinbar: Unique rounded chinbar shape with less protrusion, making it less likely to catch and dig in during a spill than most other designs. The oval form is actually based on the egg's shape, long know for its extremely-strong and efficient shape.
- Top-Mount Ventilation Diffuser: The Pro3 is the first dirt helmet with Arai's diffuser ventilation system.
- Interior: The head comfort liner and cheekpads are fully-removable, washable, and replaceable. They use Arai's exclusive Dry-Cool® material for superior heat transfer and drying time - making washing or swapping liners between motos a snap. A removable / washable / replaceable chinstrap cover completes Arai's total package of interior washability.
- Emergency Cheekpad Release System: From Arai's decades-long commitment to building helmets that do more for rider comes this major innovation; the very first Emergency Release Cheekpad design created specifically for motorcycle helmets. Developed to allow easier access to an injured rider, the VX-Pro3's cheekpads slide out easily via the integrated pull-tabs built into the underside of the cheekpad - making helmet removal much easier for trained medical personnel. In typical Arai fashion, it may not be flashy, but it works.
- Five upper vents in crown.
- Two visor-pressurized front intake vents.
- Two side exhaust vents and a neckroll exhaust port create the next best thing to air conditioning.
- Arai shape reference: Intermediate oval.
- Weight: 3 pounds (Medium).
- Meets or exceeds Snell and DOT standards.