Awesome chain, great quality, looks for the money!
- 3 Reviews
- Ask a Question
Sunstar's MXR1 Works MX / SX / Off-Road race chain (MXR = Motocross Xtreme Racing) is a premium quality, highly durable non-sealed chain specifically designed for Motocross, Supercross and/or off-road racing. Featuring Sunstar's oversized TripleStar treated ultra hard pins and 100% heat treated components, the MXR1 chain is constructed to handle the demands of the highest levels of racing. This is also one of the lightest MX chains on the market thanks to its superlight design - the 520MXR1 120 link version weighs less than 3.6 pounds, yet is super strong with an 8,970-pound tensile strength rating. Its combination of strength, durability and light weight make it the top choice for serious racers.
- Deep gold side plates and gold inner plates.
- Super strong and lightweight design for high performance / racing mini off-road and motocross machines.
- Utilizes TST (TripleStar Treated) ultra-hard pins and 100% heat treated components for high strength and durability.
- Seamless rollers and bushings help provide the added life and durability.
- Average tensile strength of 5,800 pounds.
- Maximum rated displacement (street / off-road): 250cc / 150cc.
- Weight (per 100 links): 2.13 pounds.
- Includes clip-style master link.
- Note: Non-sealed chains require more regular maintenance than sealed (O-ring, X-ring) versions and are mainly recommended for off-road use.
So far after a few rides, the chain looks good and has not stretched in with the conversion kit to a 428 on our kx112 bike. More time will tell how well the chain wears, but so far excellent!
Great chain For the price
There have been no questions asked about the Sunstar 428 MXR1 Works MX Racing Chain.