Just recieved these today for a 1991 cr80 I'm restoring. Quality is good, but the the spokes will not fit the stock oem hub out of the pack. I'd say they are a mm or so to big so I'll just drill out the hub. The nips are a really tight fit in the std did rim so they may need attension also. Other than that they are a lot cheaper than OEM spokes
Pro Wheel Front Wheel Spoke Kit
- 9 Reviews
- 10 Questions
- Pro Wheel developed their Spoke Kit to not only replace the OEM spokes and nipples but upgrade them for race durability.
- The spokes from Pro Wheel are made from swaged stainless steel for a higher tensile strength over OEM and prevents stretching.
- Pro Wheel uses a gradual continuous hammering technique that improves the oscillating load capacity.
- Installing the Pro Wheel spoke kit is easy with most models being structured off OEM specifications.
- The Pro Wheel spoke kit includes enough spokes and nipples to rebuild your motorcycle's OEM wheel.
- Note: Pro Wheel spokes may require drilling or the hub and/or rim.
Great product for lacing up new wheels.
Only knocked off one star for 'ease of install' because I had trouble lacing the rim being it was my first time. These spokes fit perfect on OEM Honda CR250R hubs, front 21" Excel front and 19" rear Pro Wheel with stock hub. Definitely thicker and appear more durable vs old seized spokes. These work great! Happy so far.
I've been running Pro-Wheel Rims, Spokes, etc for years & after reading the last two reviews I had to post. First of all, buying spokes that are thicker & more durable than stock isn't a waste of money. Yes, you may have to make your spoke holes a little bigger to fit a better spoke, but is that really a negative thing? "I had a rowboat in my driveway, now I have to make more room since I got a 23 foot wakeboard boat. What a waste." Second, you should check new spokes/nipples after the first 15 minutes of riding, not after an hour. By then I bet almost all the ones that broke were loose for awhile & when you tightened them after an hour, they were already done. Just sayin, great product when installed & maintained properly!!
wont fit in stock hub. waste of money. hub needs to be drilled out for each spoke to fit or hub needs to be aftermarket oversized. very unhappy
Laced them up and 1 jump did them in ( 8 of them the be exact, at once...), even after checking the first hour for proper torque.
Wheel survived, not a pro wheel, and Bill at Motosport is doing me right, however :)
Their strong spokes but they were absolute heck for me to get in, they didnt fit the hub, i had to drill out the hub, and they didnt fit the pro wheel rim...theirs something wrong with this picture
These spokes are much thicker than my stock ones were. No complaints.
these spokes are awesome! they are alot stronger than stock
All Honda big bike and 06-15 Kawasaki big bike front take a 6.5mm spoke wrench.
All Yamaha, KTM, Suzuki, and 05 & older Kawasaki big bike front take a 6.9mm spoke wrench
All Honda, Kawasaki, KTM, and Suzuki big bike rear take a 6.9mm spoke wrench