Must be strong , I broke 2 chain breaker pins cutting the chain!
- 13 Reviews
- 2 Questions
Designed, tested and produced with the highest level of Pro Taper quality. The gold series chains are purpose built for today's demanding 4-stroke bikes and ATV's. Pro Taper chains are manufactured with lightweight, ultra high-strength chromoly steel alloy for added performance and durability.
- Premium gold series motocross style chain.
- Lightweight, ultra high-strength chromoly construction.
- All components use a Pro Taper exclusive heat-treating process to aid in the lifespan and durability of the chain.
- Average tensile strength of 8,800 pounds.
- Wear life index: 100.
- Designed for 125 to 530cc applications.
- Includes a clip-style master link.
- Note: Non-sealed chains require more regular maintenance than sealed (O-ring, X-ring) versions and are mainly recommended for off-road use.
Very strong chain with very little stretch not to mention looks real sharp on my CRF 450 .
I use to run the ER-2 chain. This chain shows a higher tensile strength than the RT-2 and it does seem to be lasting longer on my CRF 450r
It is very good
This chain not only looks good its also very strong. I ride very aggressive and this chain takes everything I throw at it and does not stretch like others I have had.
Great chain ; will take some knowledge about using a chain breaker.If you don,t know how to take links out of a chain and install the master link find someone who does. Do it right the first time!
This is one of the strongest non o ring chains that is offered. The chain went on easy and also looks good. I have not has any problems with stretching yet either.
super durable and performs very well
Chain looks awesome and I know will perform. Protaper makes good stuff. No chance to ride to much snow.
This chain has preformed very well, and still looks realy good. After every ride, pressure wash, and lube the chain. It still looks brand new, and works great.
ive had the renthal gold and this chain..i had to adjust the renthal almost everytime i rode. this chain is much stronger..and now the only one i buy.
looks great, lasts long, and can handle abuse. after 2 mx races i adjusted it once.
Worth the money no problems whats so ever,holds up great through tough conditions,really a great product and cant beat the fast shipping