- 2 Reviews
- 1 Question
Designed, tested and produced with the highest level of Pro Taper quality. The gold series chains are purpose built for today's demanding 4-stroke bikes and ATV's. Pro Taper chains are manufactured with lightweight, ultra high-strength chromoly steel alloy for added performance and durability.
- Premium gold series motocross style chain.
- Lightweight, ultra high-strength chromoly construction.
- All components use a Pro Taper exclusive heat-treating process to aid in the lifespan and durability of the chain.
- Average tensile strength of 5,000 pounds.
- Wear life index: 100.
- Designed for 50 to 125cc applications.
- Includes a clip-style master link.
- 134 links.
- Note: Non-sealed chains require more regular maintenance than sealed (O-ring, X-ring) versions and are mainly recommended for off-road use.
Thought I would try one of these chains because ProTaper builds some of the best Handlebars / steering componets, grips, etc. - not again.
I will go back to my RK, DID or even Renthal. This chain has streched extremely fast. Excessive wear as compared to chains of comparable price. I have had to tighten this thing every few heat races & already removed a link with less than 5 hrs.
Can only speak for 420 size chain being run on a KTM65 - maybe their other sizes are different / better quality??