National Cycle Fork Mount VStream Windscreen
- Write a Review
- 1 Question
National Cycle's VStream is revolutionizing motorcycle windscreen performance! While other manufacturers offer taller screens or air spoiler tops, National Cycle designed, for the first time ever, a windscreen with airflow calculated and adjusted to quiet and comfort the rider's environment.
- Constructed from thick, durable hardcoated Lexan polycarbonate material.
- DOT and ABE approved.
- Coated with National Cycle's exclusive scratch-resistant Quantum hardcoating or FMR hardcoating (depending on windscreen shape and size).
- Fork-Mount VStream+ Windscreens include all brackets and mounting hardware.
- Sturdy 4-point mount system attaches to the forks, requires no modifications to stock components, and provides outstanding rigidity.
- All VStream Windscreens are made in the U.S.A.
- Covered by National Cycle's 3-Year Unbreakable Warranty!
- Note: VStream Windscreens are measured vertically from the bottom center edge to the top of the screen, and horizontally across the back at the widest point.
Performance: The typical airflow pattern of the wake from most windscreens is called a van Karman vortex. At speeds of 50 - 90 MPH, the air swirls off the windscreen in an approximate 90-degree segment of rotation, hits the bottom of the rider's neck on the way up, and curves off the shoulder at approximately 45 degrees. National Cycle gave the VStream its name for the shape it takes at the upper edge. The patented "V" shape is so quiet because it pushes this vortex out and away from the side of the rider's head. The rider's helmet then resides in still air, and the passenger's environment is greatly improved as well. Of course, with small sporty screens of different sizes, the effect on the rider will vary, but there is always a notable difference in quietness and comfort!
Polycarbonate Strength: VStream windscreens deliver unprecedented durability and optical clarity through the use of 4.5 - 6.0 mm thick Lexan polycarbonate with FMR hardcoating or National Cycle's exclusive Quantum hardcoating. Outstanding impact strength! Nothing else comes close to matching the impact strength of polycarbonate, making it the ideal material for motorcycle windscreens. It is 10 times stronger than high-impact acrylic and 20 times more impact resistant than acrylic plastic (Lucite). Real world testimonials, like the one from a customer who met a ball peen hammer at 75 MPH attest to the outstanding impact strength of polycarbonate.
Quantum: The New Benchmark: 30 times more scratch resistance than typical acrylic windscreens is saying a lot! Think of it as 30 times more miles per windscreen. Quantum even has 10 times better scratch resistance than the FMR hardcoating used by most manufacturers! That's the kind of performance, strength and durability riders need from a motorcycle windscreen!