Buying a helmet is easy to mess up. One you got to know your measurements, I am a 56 cm ,so I am a Shoei small. If you have a helmet that give you neck pain or headache your helmet is so big or to small, a helmet should fit tight but not to the point of pain. your cheeks should be pressed tight against your face, GO TO YOUR LOCO DEALER AND TRY ON HEMLETS .ALL helmets have a 5 year life span and the Bautista came out in 2011 2012 so you got a 2 year life span on it, now I always bought old new helmets in the pass and they have giving me 5 years out the box before falling apart , IMO this helmet will last till 2020 , I road this helmet for 3 hours straight canyon and street and It was everything your last helmet didn't have, I cant believe someone would bash this helmet , Just be sure to measure your head size, know your head shape, and buy accordingly , you cant go wrong ,remember you get what you pay for.
Shoei X-12 Helmet - Marquez
- 18 Reviews
- 4 Questions
The demands that a world-class racer puts on his or her equipment may be second to none, but that hasn't stopped SHOEI from producing a pure racing helmet that can also meet the needs of today's performance-driven enthusiasts. Born from racing, the X-Twelve combines integral feedback from professional racers around the globe with SHOEI's 50 years of helmet building experience, the very latest in technology, and the most advanced materials known to man. Track certified by the fastest riders on the planet, the X-Twelve's innovative features unite to form the most progressive racing helmet on the market.
- Quick Release Self-Adjusting (QRSA) Base Plate System: Need to change from clear to tint? SHOEI's Quick Release Self-Adjusting (QRSA) base plate system includes a locking mechanism that allows you to do just that in a snap - no tools, no hassle, no problems! Building on the successful QRBP, the QRSA maintains its predecessor's easy-to-use features - like the simple shield release and attachment, and shield preset lever - but offers a significant advantage. SHOEI's patented new spring-loaded technology featured in the QRSA eliminates the need to adjust base plates for proper sealing. Every time the shield is lowered, the spring-loaded base plates pull the shield back to contact the window beading evenly, ensuring a wind and waterproof seal.
- NEW CW-1 Shield: The all-new CW-1 shield is both wider and taller than the CX-IV that it replaces. In addition, the CW-1 shield protects SHOEI riders from 99% of the sun's damaging UVA and UVB rays, and the three-dimensional injection-molding process ensures distortion-free vision. Another advantage of the CW-1 shield is its ability to work in conjunction with SHOEI's optional Pinlock system to deliver fog-free vision in even the most challenging conditions. The new CW-1 Pinlock lens is larger, and offers fog-free viewing to the very top of the helmet's larger eye port.
- AIM Shell Construction (Snell M2010-Approved): SHOEI's proprietary AIM+ technology combines fiberglass with organic fibers that are so strong they can only be cut with a laser. The end result is a stronger, lighter shell that will absorb and distribute the force of an impact safely and efficiently.
- 5 Shell Sizes: While some competitors rely on foam padding for fitting a wide range of customers, SHOEI offers an industry-leading five shell sizes in the new X-Twelve to ensure a custom fit for heads between the sizes of XS - XXL.
- Aero Edge 2 Spoiler: The X-Twelve's Aero Edge 2 Spoiler helps minimize lift at high speeds, and thus wind drag from the rider and motorcycle. In addition, increased negative air pressure improves exhaust performance to help ventilate the helmet.
- Ventilation system: It's not uncommon for a racing environment to get blazing hot, which is why ventilation was a top priority when designing the new X-Twelve. The X-Twelve features five (5) intake and ten (10) exhaust vents, making it the most aggressively ventilated helmet SHOEI has ever produced. Wind tunnel testing identified the very best locations and shapes of intake and exhaust ports to maximize airflow, including the suction effect that's created as low pressure air travels toward the rear of the helmet. With this in mind, the X-Twelve features new Side Extractor Vents developed by the MotoGP racing service to help clear warm, humid air from the racer's face.
- Dual-Layer EPS liner: Dual-layer liner yields enhanced impact absorption by adjusting thickness and density in key areas. Inner liner features air channels for efficient cooling. Impact-absorbing EPS liner throughout the entire chin bar.
- 3D Max Dry Interior System: The X-Twelve is equipped with a fully removable, washable, and replaceable 3D Max Dry liner. SHOEI's proprietary Max Dry material has been proven to absorb and dissipate sweat two-times faster than traditional nylon interiors. In addition, the X-Twelve's interior components are three-dimensionally shaped to match the contours of a rider's head.
- Emergency Quick Release System (EQRS): Mechanical tabs disengage cheek pads for easy removal by emergency medical personnel. Helmet can be removed with minimum load to rider in emergency situations.
- Chin curtain: The chin curtain can be inserted into the lower edge of the chin bar to reduce wind turbulence and noise.
- Breath guard: The breath guard can be inserted into the upper edge of the chin bar to help reduce fogging by diverting exhausted breath down out the bottom of the helmet.
- Weight: 3.44 pounds / 1561 grams (Size Medium, Solid Color).
- 5-year warranty from purchase date. 7-Year warranty from helmet manufacture date. Whichever comes first.
- Snell 2010 and DOT Approved.
Undoubtedly one of the best helmet in the market & at the price Motosport offers its a steal deal!!!
Not quite as plush as an Arai, but visibility is outstanding and the weight on my head is great!
The only minus is that I'm using their dark smoke visor and it fogs at the drop of a hat. I'll have to figure out some sort of coating solution. With one click up on the visor it stays clear at a stoplight and clears quickly with a small bit of air movement.
For the sale price, this helmet is totally awesome and the finish is pretty snazzy!
This is my first Shoei helmet. I wished I would have been using them for years. You definitely feel the difference over the low end brands. Cannot beat the price either. If your on the fence about this one, you won't be disappointed.
I absolutely love this helmet. It is extremely comfortable, looks great, and performs as advertised. It is a motogp helmet, but can be used for daily riding. It is not as quiet as a Qwest or RF-1200, since that isn't a racing helmets main focus (Wear ear plugs if you are worried about your hearing). The Shoei helmet also has some great features - The visors are extremely quick and easy to swap, and the visor locking mechanism works great. The visor seal is waterproof, so no worries if you get stuck out in the rain. I have no complaints with this helmet, and would recommend it to anyone. Plus it matches my 2009 GSX-R1000 beautifully. I receive a lot of compliments on this lid.
I wear a 7 1/4" hat, and my helmet is a M size. Fits great.
I love that helmet. Very nice fit! It has everything i need.
A little noisy but overall a great and comfortable helmet.
Bought this X-12 on sale, Was really looking for a helmet to do well at high speeds and this does the job.
This helmet hurts if worn for longer than a half hour. I cannot return this item because I have worn it. From now on I will not be purchasing online. No support when you have an issue from either the manufacturer or the retailer.
This helmet is amazing! Plenty of ventilation, even in florida.
The night and day difference was in the fit and finish of the details made this a great produt, as expected from Shoei. Couldn't pass on this deal for an X-12!
Recently purchased the Shoei X-12 and am very pleased with it. So far it has exceeded my expectations in every way. The fit is great and it offers excellent mobility with the shell sized to match the helmet size. The ventilation and shield has almost no obstruction of peripheral vision. I would highly recommend this helmet!!
Great helmet. I am replacing my X-11 and this helmet has way more vents and is much lighter than the previous generation. I really like the wider shield as an added feature.
this helmet is the best I have worn.. no wind drag, fairly quite breaths great, plenty of ventilation for those hot arizona summer days. Pretty much zero wind drag when turning head, even at 100+ the helmet is snug and of great quality.. purchased the Kiyonari 2 from motosport for an insane price, shipping and service is top notch!
Second shoei I've had and the x12 is amazing. Light, comfortable fits like glove. A lil loud w my m4 exhaust but any helmet I wear is! Sizing is spot on!
Been eyeing this helmet for a few weeks. Ordered it Tuesday and got to test ride today. Wow..blown away. I ordered smaller than usual and it is a bit snug, but it feels like I'm just wearing hearing protection. So light, and quite. Flows air amazingly well. Cold out so I had to close some vents. Looks awesome too. For $499 you CANNOT GO WRONG. A new favorite helmet.
Awesome helmet overall. From the design, weight, to its functionality. The air duct for the mouth is huge and beneficial for incoming air along with its other ducts at the brow and aerodynamics up top. It has a clever shield to help the face shield from fogging up.
Just a great helmet and the paint finish is top notch.
Can't go wrong with Shoei.
Helmet is absolutely excellent! Fit is great, finish is excellent! Vents work very well and it is extremely comfortable and lite.