Blossoming from its cocoon, the intrepid caterpillar unfolds into a glorious skull winged monarch. For if there weren't skulls, what kind of helmet would this be? Certainly not another classic from the pen of Icon's very own Tanner. BTW - they made it in purple because all women hate pink - Facebook told us so.
Evolved. Refined. Perfected. Icon has never been satisfied with the status quo - which is why they created the new Icon Alliance helmet. Based on the proven Alliance SSR, this next gen helmet is fitted with a multitude of key revisions. The first revision is the new EPS liner. Icon has listened to the customers requests and reshaped the EPS liner into a more oval geometry. This new headform increases rider comfort by slightly elongating the entire inner circumference. Combine this geometry with their removable Hydra-Dry? wicking comfort liner and the result is a nearly perfect rider-focused enclosure. To further increase rider comfort they've revised the entire venting system. Much like a finely tuned motor, Icon has reshaped and enlarged the intake and exhaust ports for increased airflow.
Additional ventilation ports have also been added to the lateral aspect of the helmet to further increase ventilation. The shield itself has been upgraded to Icon's distortion free Pro-Shield?. The ProShield features the ProLock shield locking system, graphic enabled sideplates, fog-free coating, and a no-tools shield change interface. Continuing with Icon's commitment to excellence, the Alliance is constructed with premier manufacturing processes and stringent quality assurance procedures. This, combined with rigorous testing, assures that the Alliance meets or exceeds the highest safety standards in the world (DOT, ECE, SG, SAI).
- All World Standard, meets or exceeds the following: DOT FMVSS 218 (US), ECE 22-05 (Europe), SAI AS1698 (Australia) and SG (Japan) Safety and Testing Standards. Does not ship with SAI or SG Certification stickers unless purchased from an authorized dealer in that country.
- Injection molded polycarbonate shell for strength.
- Long oval headform.
- Wind tunnel tested and refined.
- Molded twin channel supervent for increased cooling.
- Rear exhaust ports prevent heat buildup.
- Removable breath deflector reduces shield fogging.
- Chin venting system reduces shield fogging.
- Fully removable / washable HydraDry interior.
- Quick-change fog-free ProShield with sideplates.
- ProLock secure shield locking system.