Dion Device Factory Racer Lever Guard
- Write a Review
- Ask a Question
Like the name says this is the race ready premier lever guard system. Made of 7075-T5 aluminum and carbon fiber. Mounts easily to most race bikes and weighs 6.35 ounces (180 grams). Patented technology.
- Inside out mounting.
- Does not create new negative dynamic in the event of crash.
- Replaceable parts if in minor crash.
- Adjustability for different bars, levers and fairings.
- Available in 4 different colors.
- Superior master cylinder and handlebar protection.
- Help reduce likelihood that rider's fingers will get trapped during a slide.
- Patented design.
- Made in North America.
- Note: The Dion Device Brake Lever Guard is not specific to any one bike. Some models require only minor modification or adjustment.
Dion Device is a rider protection company started in Quebec Canada. The creator Stephane Dion was on a mission when he developed the Dion Device. He not only wanted to make a great product he needed to fulfill a promise he made to his lose personal friend Michele Mercier. In 2005 Max Mercier (son of Michele Mercier) crashes in Snannonville and is killed. Stephane makes a solemn promise to Michele to stop the madness and begins developing the Max Guard.
For the next year Stephane endured many sleepless nights in pursuit of a remedy to brake lever related accidents as his own son, 16 year old Jeffrey Dion, who was / is an active road racer. Finally after three years of prototypes, design improvement and various developments the Max Guard (original name) became a reality. Stephane filed his patent and made 5 working Max Guard samples hoping to get them on a high profile rider's bike. It was around this time Ken Baker and Chris Killen, friends and colleagues of Stephane, came on board to help get his device on a race bike and to help get the device available to any rider who wants to avoid accidental brake lever incidents.
There have been no questions asked about the Dion Device Factory Racer Lever Guard.