Reserved for those riders with no reservations about wanting the best, the absolute state of the art as only Arai can do it.
This is it, the one helmet that stands at the pinnacle of design, fit, and comfort. Improvements and innovations that extend to the smallest details. Built with one goal: to please the advanced rider, and racer, who knows the difference, who's worn other helmets, who knows what they lack, and who refused to settle for less anymore. In a world in which few if any of us can ever own the best of something, the Corsair-V is your chance.
- DF-10 Diffuser: Offers enhanced air inlets to increase airflow efficiency even better than its predecessor. A new middle-intake slot creates more negative pressure "pull" for even faster venting of stale air. Larger, upper vent toggles work with thick gloves, and the center Top Vent is re-sculpted for more air intake.
- Peripheral Belting: Created by Arai for its latest Formula-1 helmets, the belt goes across the shell's forehead area just above the eyeport opening, further enhancing the helmet's structural integrity while still maintaining exceptional flexibility and low weight. The belt is incorporated into Arai's SNC (Structural Net Composite) shell construction to create the top-of-the-line PB-SNC shell.
- Wider Eyeport: The 10 mm-wider opening (5 mm per side) enhances peripheral vision and the feeling of "openness" inside the helmet. The wider opening uses Arai's "SAI" series faceshield that also fits so flush that it looks almost like a continuation of the shell.
- Latest Generation Dry-Cool® Liner: Distinguished by its silver-gray color, Arai's Dry-Cool® liner has repositioned the rear mounting-snaps closer to the liner bottom for a more secure fit.
- Removable / Replaceable Vented Neckroll: Now removable and replaceable, it adds yet another stale-interior-air exhaust outlet through channels in the EPS liner, not to mention making complete helmet cleaning a breeze and, in the case of damage, a snap to replace.
- Patented Air Wing®: Arai's exclusive, adjustable Air Wing® is designed to greatly reduce drag, turbulence and buffeting. It provides unprecedented aerodynamic performance options via five hand-adjustable "attack angle" positions from full-tuck racing to upright riding.
- Emergency Cheekpad Release System: This now-copied groundbreaking Arai safety innovation was specifically developed to allow easier access to an injured rider by sliding out easily, making helmet removal easier for trained medical personnel (giving you a real idea of where Arai's priorities lie).
- Outward-Flaring Hyper-Ridge: The outward flaring produces a larger opening that makes for easier on-off (Arai hopes this will make it easier for more riders to choose the right size helmet in the smallest shell possible). The Hyper-Ridge reinforcement band circles the bottom of the shell, adding shell strength, and lowering the helmet's center of gravity, which contributes to better overall balance, making the helmet rest easier on your head.
- Brow-Vent Channeling The Corsair-V's brow-vent inner ducts redirect incoming air to the temples instead of the forehead and around the ear area (missed by many helmet ventilation systems). The stale air is then extracted out the side exhaust cowls. The airflow over the temple artery reportedly also helps cool the blood flow to the brain area. This simple re-purposing of two existing vent features greatly improves helmet performance and rider comfort.
- Compact Organic Shell: Even more compact and aerodynamic than the original Corsair's. It fits the human head shape more closely, so it looks better and "flows" better in the wind.
- Noise-Absorbing Ear-Pad: Blocks more noise from reaching your ears. While not a Wow! advancement, it's the kind devoted to making you more comfortable in an Arai - not to making headlines. The result: Corsair-V owner feedback has proven this small attention to detail has had a noticeable, positive impact on their satisfaction.
- Side-Vent Exhaust Ports: Offers enhanced air inlets to increase airflow efficiency even better than its predecessor. A new middle-intake slot creates more negative "pull" for even faster venting of stale air. Larger, upper vent toggles work with thick gloves, and the center Top Vent is re-sculpted for more air intake.
- Intermediate Oval Interior Shape: The new Corsair-5 has Arai's Intermediate Oval (IO) shell shape. This shape is designed for the rider whose head has a front-to-back dimension that is longer than the side-to-side dimension.