This it the third rf-1100 helmet I've owned. I like everything about it. The style and comfort is awesome. The ease of changing shields is great too. When I need to clean the shield I just take it off, clean it, and put it back on. The shield adjustment system is great too I always leave mine pushed forward to let a little bit of air in while I'm riding, it helps keep the fog minimal on chili mornings too. You get what you pay for and this helmet is worth every penny.
Shoei RF-1100 Helmet - Elektro
- 8 Reviews
- 4 Questions
Unrivaled in every feature category, there's not another helmet on the market that truly embodies motorcycling quite like the RF-1100. Building helmets isn't just a means to an end for the people at Shoei, it's a passion that has to be fulfilled daily, which is why Shoei stopped at no end while evolving the RF-1100 into their best seller. Combining customer and dealer requests with state-of-the-art technology and everything learned over 50 years of premium helmet development has yielded the finest sport-touring full-face that money can buy. The groundbreaking RF-1100 - where aggressive styling meets Shoei's unrivaled attention to detail. The Evolution of Perfection never ends.
- Q.R.S.A. (Quick Release Self-Adjusting) base plate system: Includes a locking mechanism that allows you to do just that in a snap - no tools, no hassle, no problems! The QRSA maintains its predecessor's easy-to-use features - like the simple shield release and attachment, and shield preset lever - but offers a significant advantage. Shoei's patented new spring-loaded technology featured in the QRSA eliminates the need to adjust base plates for proper sealing. Every time the shield is lowered, the spring-loaded base plates pull the shield back to contact the window beading evenly, ensuring a wind and waterproof seal.
- CW-1 shield: The all-new CW-1 shield is both wider and taller than the CX-IV that it replaces. In addition, the CW-1 shield protects Shoei riders from 99% of the sun's damaging UVA and UVB rays, and the three-dimensional injection-molding process ensures distortion free vision. Another advantage of the CW-1 shield is its ability to work in conjunction with Shoei's optional Pinlock system to deliver fog-free vision in even the most challenging conditions. The new CW-1 Pinlock lens is larger, and offers fog-free viewing to the very top of the helmet's larger eye port.
- AIM+ Shell Construction (Snell M2010-approved): Shoei's proprietary AIM+ technology combines fiberglass with organic fibers that are so strong they can only be cut with a laser. The end result is a stronger, lighter shell that will absorb and distribute the force of an impact safely and efficiently.
- 5 shell sizes: Shoei offers an industry-leading five shell sizes in the new RF-1100 to ensure a custom fit for heads between the sizes of XXS - XXL.
- Shell-integrated spoiler: This new technology has allowed Shoei to incorporate the aerodynamic advantages of a spoiler into the shell of the helmet, while maintaining consistent shell thickness to guarantee proper strength and weight. This shell-integrated spoiler works to reduce lift during high-speed riding, just like the spoiler on a sports car.
- Variable Ventilation System: The RF-1100's new shell features three (3) intake and six (6) exhaust vents in total. Wind tunnel testing revealed that the optimal location for exhaust vents is actually much higher on the rear portion of the helmet's shell than originally thought. Better ventilation and aerodynamic performance is achieved by separating the spoiler and exhaust vents. The exhaust vent holes have been relocated to take better advantage of negative pressure suction, dramatically improving exhaust ventilation.
- Dual-layer EPS liner: Dual-layer liner yields enhanced impact absorption by adjusting thickness and density in key areas. Inner liner features air channels for efficient cooling. Impact-absorbing EPS liner throughout the entire chin bar.
- Interior system: Equipped with a fully removable, washable, and replaceable 3D center pad and multi-layer cheek pads. The RF-1100's 3D center pad components are three-dimensionally shaped to match the contours of a rider's head. This 3D fitment allows Shoei to provide a helmet with an extremely comfortable fit, while maintaining the firm hold that is necessary for distraction-free, high-speed riding. The RF-1100's multi-layer cheek pads are available in six different thicknesses to allow riders to customize the fit of their new helmet. In addition, the liner features eyeglass channels and an integrated neck pad.
- Chin curtain: Can be inserted into the lower edge of the chin bar to reduce wind turbulence and noise.
- Breath guard: Can be inserted into the upper edge of the chin bar to help reduce fogging by diverted exhausted breath down out the bottom of the helmet.
- Warranty: 5-year warranty from purchase date. 7-year warranty from helmet manufacture date, whichever comes first.
- Snell 2010 and DOT Approved.
This was suppose to be a step up from the RF-1000! This helmet is very loud when compared to the RF-1000. The RF-1200 was just released...lets hope they solved the loudeness problem!
This was my first Shoei Helmet purchase. I was hoping the helmet would be quieter in regards to wind noise but this thing is fairly noisy and whistles quite a bit. I've read tips on how to figure out where the air leak is coming from and such but the helmet is still very loud.
The helmet has tons of vents which is great and I can feel the airflow. Another nice feature is the visor positioning options.You can flip the switch and it'll crack the visor ever so slightly so that you don't get any fogging of the visor. Very handy in the mornings or late at night.
Overall this is a great helmet and very high quality. A helmet is not the place to skimp on the right protection just to save some money.
I really like the helmet for the price but a couple of cons.
It was reviewed to be a very quiet helmet and I feel like it has a lot of wind noise in the ears plus there is a whistle from the right side that I can figure out where it is coming from to save my life.
My head is a large with most all hats and dirtbike helmets but the large Shoei is a little too big with the higher speeds of a street bike
All in all for the price I am happy with the helmet but if I had to do it again I would spend the little extra for the next class up.
wow!!!!! helmet is awesome
My Second RF1100 I bought. Got a custom paint job so I ordered a solid white this time. Good vents, comfortable for hours in the seat, nice weight and quality materials. I would buy a third one in a heartbeat. Motosports site is easy to use and I will be back shopping again, no doubt, the free shipping to APO addresses is a plus for american riders stationed overseas.
replaced my 6 year old RF-1000. Much better helmet. light, aerodynamic, comfortable fit. I like it much better than I thought I would. pricey but worth it for long distance sport touring.
The Shoei RF1100 is a nice helmet and is on par with the best helmets out there. I had a Bell Star and an Arai Quantum 2 and this helmet fits better and isquieter than the Bell and is just as good if not better than the Arai. It has a nice style to it and is very aerodynamic as well. I really like the balance and weight of it.
On the large - the cheeks fit snug but the rest of the helmet is loose