I bought the EXO-2000 for the 2015 race season knowing that if or when I go down, there's a pretty good chance I'm buying a new helmet so I wasn't going to spend a paycheck on a "high-end" helmet. The fit and quality of this helmet is on par with Shoei, Aria, or AGV...all of which I have owned. It comes with two shields, a dark and a clear, which is by far the easiest shield switch out I have ever experienced. The great thing about the clear shield is it's anti-fog as well, so great for the rain. The innovative pump system makes for a perfect custom fit and it also has a quick release for an emergency situation. Scorpion thought of everything on this model!
Scorpion EXO-R2000 Helmet - Dispatch
- 4 Reviews
- 1 Question
The EXO-R2000 is Scorpion's flagship performance race helmet. Built with their exclusive TCT composite shell construction, the lightweight EXO-R2000 was developed by Scorpion engineers with input from MotoGP riders and tested on the track as well as in the lab. Scorpion's exclusive Ellip-Tec ratchet technology ensures a tight seal around the shield while the advanced aero-tuned ventilation system produces generous airflow and circulation throughout the helmet. The aerodynamically designed tear-drop shell shape minimizes buffeting at high speeds and the AirFit cheekpad system ensures a custom snug fit. The EXO-R2000 comes equipped with Emergency Release cheek pads, a standard EverClear shield plus a bonus Dark Smoke EverClear shield. Pinlock MaxVision-ready flat shields with tear-off posts are available as an accessory for the track. Scorpion's DNA is infused into every facet of the EXO-R2000 and the result is a new benchmark for quality and value in a premium helmet.
- TCT Composite Shell: Developed exclusively by Scorpion, the revolutionary TCT (Thermodynamic Composite Technology) process consists of a proprietary 5-layer blend of interlaced and specially formulated fiberglass, Aramid and organic poly-resin fibers.
- Four Shell Sizes: : To optimize weight, fitment, and comfort. The R2000 is built with 4 shell sizes and 6 EPS liners. Providing you a true MotoGP developed race helmet.
- EverClear No Fog Faceshield: Optically-clear shield with state-of-the art fog-free technology. Anti-Scratch hardened coating. 100% UV protection. (Clear shield standard, free dark smoke shield included.)
- Pinlock 100% Max Vision: Pinlock 100% Max Vision ensures a 100% fog-free vision. The anti-fog insert lens is placed in the ScorpionExo 2D flat race shield with tear-off posts, providing maximum visibility (optional accessory, sold separately).
- AirFit Liner Inflation System: Inflatable cheek pad system for superior personalized fit.
- KwikWick II Liner Fabric: KwikWick II anti-microbial fabric keeps you cool and dry in warm weather, warm in cool weather. Liner is easily removable and washable.
- KwikFit: KwikFit cheekpads allow easy on and off of the most common styles of eye glasses.
- Quiet Neck Roll: Designed to reduce noise and excess wind within the helmet.
- Ellip-Tec Ratchet System: Easy, secure, tool-less faceshield changes in seconds. Pulls the shield back against the eyeport gasket during closing to ensure a proper seal.
- Aero-Tuned Ventilation: Six intake ports across the front of helmet force cool air in while ten exhaust vents maximize movement of hot air out.
- Faceshield Lock / Vent System: Securely locks shield in place or turn down the lever to allow light airflow into the helmet.
- Emergency Release System: Tabs located under the neck roll allow easy removal of the cheek pads by trained emergency medical personnel.
- Titanium Double-D Ring: High-strength titanium D-ring system with industry-leading durability.
- Meets or exceeds: SNELL M2010, DOT.
Note: Sold with clear faceshield and extra dark smoke faceshield, other shield options also available and sold separately.
The pump on the inside of the helmet really gives it the perfect fit! I have a pretty skinny head ..
While shopping around for a new lid, I wanted to make sure that I had something lightweight, stable, race ready but still comfortable enough to use as a daily rider and wont break the bank (i'm not in AMA or MotoGP). This usually kept me in the range of the Shoei RF1200, the HJC RPHA10, or the Bell Vortex/Star but after reading the reviews on Scorpions first endeavor into a top level helmet, I had a new contender. The EXO-R2000 delivers all the features you are looking for in a helmet; light weight, wide peripheral view range, massive air flow, cool design, and the free dark visor and "custom" fit with the inflatable cheek pads are the icing and cherry on top.All this and I haven't mentioned the incredible price point. After considering it all, my decision was between either the Bell Star or this helmet. I feel that I went with the smarter choice financially and got a beyond comparable helmet. I will use this helmet for track days and weekend rides in the mountains or in the city.
This helmet is phenomenal. The build quality far exceeds my expectations, the graphics are smooth and vibrant. Its very light and the fittment is spot on (Snug like a race helmet should be, a little tight when bringing down on the ears but that should get better after i break it in), the ventilation is great, living in south florida the air flow is crtitical, this feature does make it a little noisy but its still very tolerable. The visors are great, very clear view no distortion what so ever. Overall a fantastic helmet, Scorpion did not cut any corners in making this one. You cannot beat the price specially when they include a dark smoke visor, a microfiber voisor bag and a padded helmet bag. A+ for Scorpion.