The MotoSport.com Shoei CX-1V Pinlock Combo includes one replacement Shoei CX-1V Pinlock Shield and one set of Pinlock Inserts with the following features:
CX-1V Pinlock® Shield:
The name SHOEI has long been synonymous with "premium" in the motorcycle helmet market - a credential that hundreds of loyal men and women in their Japan factories wear with great pride. The evolution and production of their world-class helmet line is a meticulous process that combines the very latest in technology with consumer feedback, modern testing practices, advanced materials, and over 50 years of helmet building experience. Just like the very first SHOEI helmet built by their founder back in 1959, every SHOEI today is still handmade in Japan utilizing a sophisticated process that involves over 50 people for each and every helmet.
- Replacement CX-1V Pinlock® ready face shield for the Shoei X-Eleven, RF-1000, TZ-R, and Multitec helmets.
- This scratch resistant, 3-dimensionally curved replacement shield offers the finest optical quality available.
- 100% protection from harmful UVA and UVB rays.
- Features the Shoei Q.R.S.A. (Quick Release Self-Adjusting) Base Plate System which allows for tool-less face shield removal and installation.
- Every time the shield is lowered, the spring-loaded Q.R.S.A. base plate pulls the shield back to contact the window beading evenly, ensuring a wind and waterproof seal between shield and helmet.
Fogging up is a thing of the past! The Pinlock® System is based on three basic principles, which work together like nothing else.
- Moisture absorbing material: Unlike the face shield, the Pinlock® insert lens is made of a soft and porous plastic.
- Material thickness: Because thicker material absorbs more moisture and offer more impact protection.
- Double lens system: The airtight pocket in between the Pinlock® insert lens and the face shield creates an extra insulation layer, further increasing the anti fogging properties of the total system.
Use the correct Pinlock® insert to match your riding conditions:
- Yellow - Gives high contrast vision, ideal in misty and rainy weather.
- Amber - Offers high contrast and enhances low-light image resolution.
- Clear - For any weather type; clear vision, no compromise.
- Light Smoke - Light tint; for use in sunny weather.
- Dark Smoke - No more need for dark shields; use this lens for very bright sunny days.