It's a matter of survival. In an unforgiving maze of gravel strewn corners and malevolent steel a rider needs protection, vision and comfort. The call to arms has been answered. Introducing the Icon Variant helmet.
The wind tunnel refined shell, executed in a Fiberglass/Dyneeme/Carbon matrix, forms a solid first line of defense. Internally, a dual-density EPS core provides critical Energy Management, greatly reducing impact forces transmitted to the head.
Of course safety is best affected by avoiding the crash altogether. To this end the Variant features a reshaped eyeport which provides enhanced peripheral vision. The Variant's unique visor system also contributes to improved vision. When properly designed, such as on the Variant, the visor can help block bright sunlight while producing minimal lift characteristics. Couple this with our Fog-Free coating and it is obvious why the vision aspects of the Variant are superior.
Another important method of increasing safety is by reducing rider fatigue. Excessive heat buildup can result in both discomfort and distraction. Neither a good situation. The Variant's extensive venting system works at all speeds providing necessary airflow to the helmet interior. The airflow works in conjunction with the wicking Hydrady liner to effectively reduce heat buildup.
Variant Helmet Details
- All world standard, meets or exceeds the following: DOT FMVSS 218 (US), ECE 22-05 (Europe), SAI AS1698 (Australia), and SG (Japan) safety and testing standards. Does not ship with SAI or SG certification stickers unless purchased in that country.
- Fiberglass/Dyneema/Carbon fiber shell.
- Long oval headform.
- Wind tunnel tested and refined.
- Anti-lift visor to reduce glare.
- Multiple oversized intake and exhaust ports.
- Molded EPS nose reduces shield fogging.
- Quick-change Fog-Free shield.
- Rear spoiler for reduced helmet buffeting.
- Removable chin curtain.
- Four 10mm. front intake vents.
- 36mm. rear exhaust vents