ICON Variant Helmet - Carbon Cyclic
- Write a Review
- Ask a Question
It's a matter of survival. In an unforgiving maze of gravel-strewn corners and malevolent steel, a rider needs protection, vision and comfort. The call to arms has been answered. Introducing the Icon Variant helmet. The wind tunnel-refined shell, executed in a fiberglass / Dyneema / carbon matrix, forms a solid first line of defense. Internally, a dual-density EPS core provides critical energy management which reduces transmitted impact forces.
- All world standard, meets or exceeds the following: DOT FMVSS 218 (US), ECE 22-05 (EUROPE), SAI AS1698 (AUSTRALIA) and SG (JAPAN) Safety and Testing Standards.
- Fiberglass / Dyneema / carbon fiber shell.
- Long oval headform.
- Wind tunnel tested and refined.
- Anti-lift visor to reduce glare.
- Multiple oversized intake and exhaust ports.
- Molded EPS nose reduces shield fogging.
- Quick-change fog-free shield.
- Fully removable / washable Hydradry interior.
- Rear spoiler for reduced helmet buffeting.
- Removable chin curtain.
- Notes: Includes one clear shield; tinted shield sold separately.
Of course safety is best maintained by avoiding the crash altogether. To this end, the Variant features a reshaped eyeport which provides enhanced peripheral vision. The Variant's unique visor system also contributes to improved vision. When properly designed, such as on the Variant, the visor can help block bright sunlight while producing minimal lift characteristics. Couple this with the fog-free coating and it is obvious why the vision aspects of the Variant are superior.
Another important method of increasing safety is to reduce rider fatigue. Excessive heat buildup can result in both discomfort and distraction. Neither is a good situation. The Variant's extensive venting system works at all speeds, providing necessary airflow to the helmet interior. The airflow works in conjunction with the wicking Hydradry liner to effectively reduce heat buildup.
Weighing in at just 1650 grams, the Variant Carbon Cyclic helmet strikes a perfect balance between smart engineering and intuitive design. The shell itself is expertly fabricated with Dyneema, fiberglass and carbon fiber. Through Icon's proprietary molding technology, carbon is strategically placed throughout the shell to ensure structural integrity while minimizing weight. The shell is fitted with a removable / washable Hydradry interior, as well as multiple air intake and exhaust ports for climate management. If you're looking for the smartest crossover helmet on the market, the Variant Carbon Cyclic is the answer.
There have been no questions asked about the ICON Variant Helmet - Carbon Cyclic.