What's black and white and red all over? Conventional wisdom says a newspaper. Or a zebra in a blender. But the Variant Big Game defies convention. A brazen stripe pattern with a bold red flash dares the lurking pride to take their best shot. The Big Game turns the tables. The hunted now has become the hunter.
- Fiberglass / Dyneema / carbon fiber shell.
- Long oval headform.
- Wind tunnel tested and refined.
- Anti-lift visor to reduce glare.
- Multiple oversized intake and exhaust ports.
- Molded EPS nose reduces shield fogging.
- Quick-change fog-free shield.
- Fully removable / washable HydraDry™ interior.
- Rear spoiler for reduced helmet buffeting.
- Removable chin curtain.
- Dark Smoke shield included.
- All World Standard, meets or exceeds the following: DOT FMVSS 218 (US), ECE 22-05 (EUROPE).
- Note: Limited Edition.
It's a matter of survival. In an unforgiving maze of gravel-strewn corners and malevolent steel, a rider needs protection, vision and comfort. The call to arms has been answered. Introducing the ICON Variant™ helmet. The wind tunnel-refined shell, executed in a Fiberglass / Dyneema / Carbon matrix, forms a solid first line of defense. Internally, a dual-density EPS core provides critical Energy Management which reduces transmitted impact forces.
Of course, safety is best maintained by avoiding the crash altogether. To this end, the Variant features a reshaped eyeport which provides enhanced peripheral vision. The Variant™'s unique visor system also contributes to improved vision. When properly designed, such as on the Variant™, the visor can help block bright sunlight while producing minimal lift characteristics. Couple this with the Fog-Free coating and it is obvious why the vision aspects of the Variant™ are superior.
Another important method of increasing safety is to reduce rider fatigue. Excessive heat buildup can result in both discomfort and distraction. Neither is a good situation. The Variant™'s extensive venting system works at all speeds, providing necessary airflow to the helmet interior. The airflow works in conjunction with the wicking HydraDry™ liner to effectively reduce heat buildup.