How the Filter works: Geigerrig's Pressurized Hydration bladder pushes the water through the In-Line Water Filter allowing you to drink fresh spring water while you are on the go. Yes, carrying a 5 ounce water filter on your backpacking trip is easier than loading your pack with water bottles and bladders.
- Filter size: In-line portable water filter is 5.5 inches long x 1 inch in diameter - easily carried in the hydration packs.
- Weight: 1.5 ounces. If you want to save weight on your backpacking trip then the Geigerrig in-line water filter will help.
- Filter capacity - gallons: Rated to filter up to 50 gallons of water filtration - you now have a much greater range while hiking. 50 gallons can take you a long way!
- Tested and certified: Removes 99.9% Cryptosporidium and Giardia - your hydration pack now protects you when you need to refill in the field, on the hiking trail, or on a two week backpacking trip.
- Filter - Coconut Shell Carbon: Activated coconut shell carbon reduces waterborne chemicals, improves taste and eliminates offensive odors.
- Filter - Mirigard Antimicrobial Technology: Suppresses the growth of bacteria, algae, fungus, mold and mildew within the filter media.
- In-line water filter care: After each use, fill your hydration bladder with clean water and flush the filter. After you flush the water filter, empty the water out of the filter by filling the bladder with air and force the air through the filter. Allow 24 hours to dry and store in a cool, dry place.