D.I.D is the number one motorcycle chain in the world. D.I.D chains are used by factory races teams from all manufacturers in race series everywhere.
D.I.D has merged the Professional O-Ring V Series and the top selling Premium X-Ring® VM Series into "ONE" New Pro-Street X-Ring® VX Series. Created from the severe demands of today's top World Superbikes, D.I.D is proud to introduce the new high performance VX Series. In developing this new series, D.I.D focused on improving "Rigidity." Traditionally, "Tensile Strength" has been used to indicate the overall strength of a chain. But Tensile Strength is only a laboratory static measurement of a chain's "breaking point." Rigidity, on the other hand, is the ability of a chain to withstand forces that occur in a rider's real world experience. Increased rigidity means better power transfer from the engine to the ground and greater resistance to stretching under load. This translates into smooth handling and quicker response time.
- The greater rigidity of the VX series brings smoother handling, quicker response and reduces power loss.
- All components shot-peened and heat treated.
- Special low-friction "X" type O-ring is used to increase performance and provide better sealing to keep dirt out and lubrication in.
- Reinforced rollers for greatest impact resistance.
- Longest possible wear with solid bushings; projected wear life 36 times longer than a standard chain under similar conditions.
- Average tensile strength of 9,220 pounds.
- Wear life index: 3800.
- Maximum recommended engine displacement: 1000cc.
- Weight (per 100 links): 4.27 pounds.
- Includes one patented "TFC" master connecting link; clip style master links are sold separately.
- 120 links.
To maximize performance, D.I.D's race proven X-Ring® design delivers overall improved performance that meets the demands of today's high-performance machines. The VX Series is the ultimate in performance and durability, and is now available at a new low O-ring chain price. D.I.D's New Pro-Street X-Ring® VX Series Chains are a perfect match for your dual sport, sport bike or sport touring bike.
Half the Power Loss - Compared with Normal O-ring chains, D.I.D's patented X-Ring® construction reduces friction by twisting between the side plates instead of being squashed. Normal O-rings and other makers' modified O-rings have squashed points that increase friction. The twisting action of the X-Ring® disperses the pressure and minimizes power loss.
1.5 to 2 Times Longer Wear Resistance - Compared with Normal O-ring chains, the X-Ring's four contact points greatly increase its sealing performance. This keeps the dirt out and the lubrication in much better than any other O-ring. X-Rings® have the greatest wear resistance of any other type of O-ring or non-O-ring chain.