Chrome Industries made their first messenger bag over 15 years ago. They needed a quick-release buckle for getting a fully loaded bag off quickly. They also didn't have money to make their own buckle, so they salvaged a seatbelt buckle from the local auto yard and an icon was born. To maximize durability and weatherproofness, every Citizen is made twice. The inside liner is made with military-grade, 18-ounce truck tarpaulin. The outside is made with abrasion-resistant, 1000-denier Cordura.
NIGHT Version: Yes, Chrome loves black. But you only have to get hit by a car once to know, it's good to be seen at night. Chrome Industries created their Night Series to be black by day, and visible at night. During the day, the Night Series Citizen is discreet. At night, the signature, 3M reflective panels can be seen from up to 100 meters from the light source. Chrome's Night Series provides the best of both worlds.
Standard Version Features:
- Iconic quick-release seatbelt buckle with integrated bottle opener.
- Daisy-chain mounting loops for attaching carabineer or bike lights.
- Industrial-strength hook-and-loop, accessory-mounting shoulder strap.
- Reflective straps for night visibility.
- Internal fasteners for securing Chrome laptop and tactical sleeves (sold separately).
- Accommodates up to a 17" laptop.
- NIGHT Version: Signature 3M reflective front panel with 2" reflective webbing.
- NIGHT Version: Cross-chest stabilizer strap with increased reflectivity.
- NIGHT Version: All-black quick-release seatbelt buckle with integrated bottle opener.
- Weatherproof, 1000-denier Cordura outer shell.
- Weatherproof independently suspended, military-grade, 18-ounce truck-tarpaulin liner.
- Commercial-grade, five-bar seatbelt webbing and Nylon 69 thread.
- Made in U.S.A .
- EVA foam-padded shoulder strap with cross-chest load stabilizer for increased rideability.
- Dimensions: 22"W x 13"H x 7"D.
- Volume: 26 liters.
- Weight: 2.5 pounds.