Alongside their standard air filters, BMC developed a Race version for the bike models most likely to spend their time on the track. These filters have the same shape as the standard version, but utilize a different filtering body designed to take in more air than stock or standard BMC Air Filter-equipped intake systems, and they do so without compromising its filtering properties. BMC Race filters are for riders who are not satisfied with the standard performance of their bike and want to improve the engine by upgrading it extensively. With this filter installed, they can find the best balance for a bike aiming for the very top. BMC Race filters are easily identified by an orange line inside the filtering body.
- Higher airflow than O.E.M. filter for maximum power.
- Race filters increase air flow by 25% over standard BMC Air Filters.
- Race-tested for performance and reliability.
- Endorsed by Yoshimura.
- Note: Recommended for track use only.
BMC Air Filter Basics:
- The panel / cylindrical air filter is commonly referred to as a "replacement air filter." It is installed in the vehicle's original airbox to replace the O.E.M. air filter. The BMC Air Filter is made of high-performance materials which allow an increased airflow combined with more efficient filtration, and guarantee containment of all impurities from as small as 7 microns (compared to the O.E.M. 10 microns).
- BMC air filters are produced using a "Full Molding" system that enables the characteristic red filter to be realized from a single mold with no welded joints thus avoiding easy breakage. The rubber used in BMC air filters has a long life, is very durable and has optimum adhesion characteristics with all shapes of airboxes.
- All BMC air filters are pre-oiled, and they can be washed and refreshed by using the appropriate BMC Air Filter Cleaner Kit (sold separately).