I wanted to srep up to a better helmet but didn't want too.spend $600. After looking around i found this bell and i love it,the weight is great my neck doesn't hurt on long rides anymore, and its nice and quiet can hear my music better than ever. Last the style is sick !!
Bell RS-1 Helmet - Emblem
- 9 Reviews
- 3 Questions
Heavy on Features. Light on Weight.
The Bell RS-1 bridges the gap between the top-of-the-line Bell Star and the Vortex with an amazing blend of price and performance. Starting with a lightweight Kevlar / fiberglass composite shell, the RS-1 brings with it Bell's vaunted Velocity Flow Ventilation system providing cool comfort, a super stable aerodynamic profile keeping the helmet still at speed, and the versatile ClickRelease shield system for fast, easy shield swaps, not to mention an amazing variety of tint and coating choices.
Contour Cut Cheekpads and a plush, X-Static XT2 silver-lined anti-microbial liner cradle the head in comfort while Bell's exclusive Magnefusion magnetic strap keeper makes flapping strap ends a thing of the past. All said, it's one great helmet at a modest price.
- Velocity Flow Ventilation system with FlowAdjust for maximum ventilation and temperature control.
- Super stable aerodynamic signature resists buffeting and lift.
- Removable and washable X-Static XT2 silver-lined anti-microbial liner.
- Super lightweight Kevlar / fiberglass composite shell.
- Contour cut cheekpads for superior fit and comfort.
- Padded wind collar to drastically reduce wind / road noise.
- 3Mode Shield for instant on-bike shield adjustments, and ClickRelease for the fastest, easiest, tool-free shield swaps ever.
- NutraFog II superior anti-fog, anti-scratch and UV protected shield.
- Exclusive Magnefusion magnetic strap keeper (Patent Pending).
- Padded chin strap with D-ring closure.
- Industry-leading five-year warranty.
- Certification: SNELL M2010, DOT.
- Weight: 1575 grams.
- Note: Helmet ships with clear faceshield, tinted shield sold separately.
I haven't owned a Bell helmet for many years and I'm so glad I found this RS-1 Emblem for a great price through Motosport. It fits well, flows a lot of air and is quieter than any helmet I've ever owned. It looks sweet too!
Helmet has a great comfort level with great ventilation. Would recommend to anyone(;
Bought the RS-1 about 3 weeks ago. Definitely lighter than my last helmet and has much less bobble at highway speeds. Its a little tight, but Bell explains it well. Used their fitment guide and after a week of riding, helmet starting to feel natual. Does have some wind noise and an annoying plastic rattle noise at highway speeds, suspect the vents, as they are closed for the cold. Summer will tell. Overall its a very good helmet, the liner is great and the shield system is really easy to switch.
While motosport delivered without a hitch, and the helmet overall is of outstanding build, the shell sizes are incredibly large. I purchased a medium as I usually do, it fit very well. The shell however, was extremely oversized and interfered with the race hump on my leathers, so I had to return this helmet and go back to brands I know will work (AGV, Shoei, and Arai) without interfering with other components of my gear setup. Overall a great helmet, but I think they need to rework their shell sizing.
My RS-1 fit's great, is really quiet and vents well, not to mention looks pretty cool. Coupled with a reasonable price this makes for a great buy!
Helmet was comfortable and the design is cool. I decided to go with a lighter option and get the Star Carbon instead so I didn't get to ride with the RS-1 at all.
I haven't owned a BELL helmet in years. I had forgotten how well they fit and how comfortable they are.
I go through more than my share of helmets. It feels great to know I'm wearing such a fine piece of equipment. I feel very well protected.
Not to mention the style of this helmet is stunning. It has a no-nonsense, "adult" look, and the fact that it has the word "BELL" clearly visible on both sides tells other riders that I care about what I wear on my head.
Rubber on front started peeling off after first use. otherwise great helmet