The AFAM 525 Sprocket And Chain Kit - Quick Acceleration includes ONE Steel Countershaft (Front) Sprocket, ONE Aluminum Rear Sprocket, and your choice of ONE Premium 525 Drive Chain, each with the following features:
Sprockets / Chainwheels Included:
AFAM Steel Front Sprocket:
- All countershaft sprockets are made of superior quality case-hardened alloy steel for extreme strength and wear resistance.
- Minimum tolerances combined with the race-proven AFAM tooth profile guarantees the quality you expect for high performance biking.
- Precision machining to extremely tight tolerances ensures that Renthal front sprockets are always within spec.
- Steel sprocket with one less tooth versus stock.
AFAM Aluminum Rear Sprocket:
- AFAM aluminum rear sprockets are all manufactured in aluminum 7075 with T6 surface hardening.
- Precise tolerances combined with the perfect AFAM tooth profile are the secrets for this premium quality product.
- Aluminum sprocket with one more tooth versus stock.
Your Choice of Drive Chain:
D.I.D 525 VX X-Ring Chain:
D.I.D's Pro-Street X-Ring® VX Series Chains are high quality X-Ring® chains with superior strength to withstand the horsepower of today's dual sports and trials bikes. The VX Series uses D.I.D's patented low friction X-Ring® for maximum performance.
- Greater rigidity (7% higher than previous VM chain) creates smother handling, reduced power loss and quicker response.
- Highest value in all D.I.D series.
- D.I.D X-Ring has half the friction and 50 - 100% longer wear life compared to typical O-ring chains.
- Superior longer life than previous VM series.
- Solid rollers.
- Shot-peened parts.
- Extended riveted bushing "Anti-Kink" design.
- Replaces the Professional O-ring V Series and the Premium X-ring VM series chains.
- Average tensile strength of 9,220 pounds.
- Wear life index: 3600.
- Ideal for bikes and ATV's up to 900cc.
- Weight (per 100 links): 4.05 pounds.
- Includes rivet-style master link.
- 120 links.
D.I.D 525 ZVMX X-Ring Gold Chain:
D.I.D's engineers are continuously improving chain designs in order to handle the tremendous horsepower loads of today's high performance motorcycles. In developing the new DID ZVM-X series, D.I.D focused on "Rigidity." Traditionally, "Tensile Strength" has been the bench-mark to indicate overall strength, but tensile strength is only a laboratory static measurement of a chain's fracture point. Rigidity, on the other hand, is the ability of a chain to withstand the forces that occur in the real world that riders experience. Increased rigidity means better power transfer from the engine to the ground, greater resistance to stretching under load, and overall improved performance that meets the demands of the current high-power bikes and the people who ride them.
- Increased rigidity for better power transfer and greater resistance to stretching under load.
- Overall improved performance that meet the demands of the current high-power bikes.
- Designed to meet requirements of machines bigger than 1000cc.
- Same excellent characteristics of the ZVM chains, but its new X2-ring design provides 40 percent greater wear resistance and better overall chain life.
- Average tensile strength of 10,408 pounds.
- Wear life index: 4000.
- For use on Superbikes; maximum rated displacement 1300cc.
- Weight (per 100 links): 4.65 pounds.
- Includes a rivet-style master link.
- 120 links.
Note for installing X-ring chains: As X-ring chains are wider than standard roller chains, when fitting an X-ring chain to a motorcycle that was fitted with a non O-ring chain as original equipment, it is essential to check that there is proper clearance of the engine cases near the countershaft sprocket and any other places of close contact. Failure to do so could result in damage to the chain and motorcycle and could ultimately cause the chain to fail.
Note: Image is for reference ONLY, actual product will vary based on fitment and selection.