The Kompe is Marchesini's latest ultra-light forged aluminum wheel, and one-of-its-kind for the lightweight, reliable and high-performing design. Kompe is a further evolution of the Marchesini 5 Y-spoke wheel which has been the emblem of Made in Italy style and quality for more than 30 years, as well as being the world's most successful wheel. Weighing about 15% less and with 17% less roll inertia, Kompe is the benchmark in forged aluminum wheels, and also a marked improvement on forged magnesium wheels. Compared with standard wheels, KOMPE cuts weight by 40% and roll inertia by 35%.
Manufactured by plastic deformation aluminum alloy forging, Marchesini Kompe wheels are particularly suitable for road use. They guarantee high lateral and torsional resistance for improved handling and significant weight savings over stock wheels. Weighing in at less than 20 pounds a pair, Marchesini Forged Aluminum wheels will significantly reduce the unsprung weight of your bike. Lighter wheels improve acceleration, braking, cornering and suspension performance resulting in a bike that is not only quicker, but more nimble as well.
Race track experience, continuous improvements in materials and manufacturing processes and the use of revolutionary design systems have together generated a rim with very low inertia and variable thickness spokes featuring an innovative double-T, asymmetrical profile. As well as using the same multi-directional forging technique as forged magnesium wheels, these features give an unprecedented rigidity / weight ratio. Kompe brings the high-performance of racing wheels to the road, but with the utmost safety and durability guaranteed, proven in the most stringent international approval tests.
- Significant weight savings when compared to stock wheels.
- Improves handling by reducing gyroscopic effect, making the bike easier to turn.
- Reduces rotational mass resulting in quicker acceleration, faster stopping, and greater top speed.
- Marchesini Kompe wheels come complete with disc carriers, sprocket carriers, and spacers made entirely of Ergal 7075 aluminum for durability and weight savings.
- All Marchesini rear wheels require a Marchesini specific sprocket.
- Approximate Weight: Front 8 pounds, Rear 11 pounds.