I used the tire when i went to the dunes on a 2001 YZ125. It worked very well considering i was in the dunes in thick sand. Obviously its not going work better than a paddle tire but for a 125 two stroke I say its your best bet as a paddle tire is going to put even more strain on the engine for a bike smaller than a 450 four strok or 250 two stroke. I cant comment on its durability as ive only used it for about three days.
Michelin Starcross Sand 4 Rear Tire
- 5 Reviews
- Ask a Question
The Michelin StarCross Sand 4 tire was developed for sandy tracks like Southwick, where conventional tires struggle for traction and cornering grip at extreme lean angles. The scoop-like knob placement of StarCross Sand 4 tires helps provide excellent traction without digging in. Already a proven winner at the legendary Le Touquet beach race, StarCross Sand 4 tires are available in two rear sizes for all current motocross bikes.
- Rear motocross tire specifically for use on sandy tracks.
- Recommended for use with S12 XC or StarCross MS3 front tires.
- Scoop-like knob placement for traction in deep sand.
- Widely spaced rows of knobs help evacuate sand.
- Zigzag orientation of side knobs aids cornering grip.
- Rubber mixture developed to perform well even in cooler temperatures.
- Designed for low inflation pressure: StarCross Sand 4 tires can be used at pressures as low as 12 PSI.
- Specific knob pattern for 125's or 250 4-strokes: additional side knobs on the 100/90-19 size help minimize digging in, to avoid power loss with smaller bikes.
You can put this tire on and leave it. it hooks up on all terrain.
Bought this tire a few weeks ago, and i have all good things to say! i ride florida tracks and they are very sandy, and on a 125 it is hard to get traction but this thing hooks up nicely!
If you aren't buying this tire for hill climbing then you should be. Kenny Hamil the master out of Grand Junction, CO swears by it. I can confirm! It does great in the sand without the hassle of having to switch back and forth from a normal tire to a paddle.
I don't know why Dunlop decided not to make the mx11 for the 250's but hey Michelin is going to make out BIG, This tire is great quality and hooks up great in the sand, and is race legal on the Florida circuit. Would highly recommend to anyone racing in the sand or just soft (mud) terrain. Went on easy!
There have been no questions asked about the Michelin Starcross Sand 4 Rear Tire.